• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tubing question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheMainFrame

the tube that goes from the outlet of my 6002 CPU block to the inlet of my pump was crushing after i put it together yesterday. here is a pic of the setup

Could it be crushing cause i still have a LOT of air to bleed from the system and the pump can compress the air?

Also do i have it setup right? is the center of the block the inlet and the one to the side the outlet like i have it setup?

You can see to the left of the T all that white at the top of the tubing is air bubbles...

What are my options? or will it go away?

When you say "crushing", what exactly do you mean? Is it kinking? And what kind of tubing are you using?

First thing you need to do, is if you wanna keep that fill plug where it is, you need to move that radiator. The fill point needs to be the highest point in the system.

Jas said:
When you say "crushing", what exactly do you mean? Is it kinking? And what kind of tubing are you using?

By crushing i mean that when the pump turns on the entire lenght of the tube Sucks-in like if you where sucking on the tube and the other end was blocked. But not too badly, however the inch of tubing right at the pumps inlet sucks in so much that it is almost causing a kink...

The Tubing is tygon 3603 1/2" ID, 5/8" OD

One Kwick SS said:
First thing you need to do, is if you wanna keep that fill plug where it is, you need to move that radiator. The fill point needs to be the highest point in the system.
Do i really "NEED" to? i can get the air aout by tipping the machine backwards making the fillport the highest point on the loop...

TheMainFrame said:
By crushing i mean that when the pump turns on the entire lenght of the tube Sucks-in like if you where sucking on the tube and the other end was blocked. But not too badly, however the inch of tubing right at the pumps inlet sucks in so much that it is almost causing a kink...

The Tubing is tygon 3603 1/2" ID, 5/8" OD

Do i really "NEED" to? i can get the air aout by tipping the machine backwards making the fillport the highest point on the loop...

Thats very thin walled tubing. Your tubing is collapsing because of the negative pressure at the pump inlet. What pump do you have? Most people use 1/2" ID 3/4" OD. And you are not compressing air.

jamesavery22 said:
Thats very thin walled tubing. Your tubing is collapsing because of the negative pressure at the pump inlet. What pump do you have? Most people use 1/2" ID 3/4" OD. And you are not compressing air.

The pump is the MCP655, Maybe i should grab the 1/2" ID 3/4" OD just for that small stretch of tubing? What really got me is in this picture it did not crush at all... is it cause it had more tubing to distribute the negative pressure?

I think there is only about 1" more tubing.. but could it be cause it straighter? and with the T-line it has a longer straight path.. alot longer

I cant really see the kink in either pic :shrug: Getting a 1/2" - 3/4" stretch for the inlet will probably work. Just up to the T. if you dont have to make many bends get the cheap really hard stuff at homedepot.

jamesavery22 said:
I cant really see the kink in either pic :shrug: Getting a 1/2" - 3/4" stretch for the inlet will probably work. Just up to the T. if you dont have to make many bends get the cheap really hard stuff at homedepot.

Atchually there 2 diffrent configurations... In the first pic it goes straigt from my block to my pumps inlet.. second pic shows the leak test where i had the Rad running all the way down to the pump

Also the pump is off in the first pic, and when the pump is off the tubing looks perfectly fine, no kinks.

In that first pic does it look like too tight of a bend for a thicker tubing? its the tube that comes out the left of the pump near the bottom and goes to the block.

also did i hook that block up right? middle barb is inlet?

For starters, you need to bleed the system with the cap OFF the T line. If you leave the cap on you may see the tubing colapse. This can happen because of air trapped in various places throughout your loop, notable in your radiator (especially since yo have it at the highest point in the loop. The air can expand, but the water cannot, so as the water takes the place of the air, and the air moves into the T line, the flow of the coolant through the line can create a suction effect, and it can start to colapse the tubing.

Jas said:
For starters, you need to bleed the system with the cap OFF the T line. If you leave the cap on you may see the tubing colapse. This can happen because of air trapped in various places throughout your loop, notable in your radiator (especially since yo have it at the highest point in the loop. The air can expand, but the water cannot, so as the water takes the place of the air, and the air moves into the T line, the flow of the coolant through the line can create a suction effect, and it can start to colapse the tubing.

So here is what ive gathered from all the responces.. correct me if im wrong

First off i should bleed the system with the cap off and see if the collapsing stops...

Then if it is still collapsing then bleed the system of all the air and see how it reacts at that point...

Then if the tube is still collapsing perhaps i should get a thicker walled tubing for the stretch from my WB outlet to the Pump Inlet...

and one more thing......your CPU block outlet should be higher than the inlet as per swiftech recommendation, i just notice that on your firts picture.:)

joelkyr said:
and one more thing......your CPU block outlet should be higher than the inlet as per swiftech recommendation, i just notice that on your firts picture.:)

Ok.. thanks..

Where you just letting me know or would that have a impact on the issue im having?

Should help bleed air out of the system, other than that, shouldn't have an impact on performance.

TheMainFrame said:
Ok.. thanks..

Where you just letting me know or would that have a impact on the issue im having?

in one way or another it will(minimal) but not on temperature, if outlet is below inlet, your block would have a tendency to trapped air which can be remedied by laying your case on the side, just follow manufacturers direction and your ok:)

OK thanks joelkyr.. and thanks jamesavery22 .. and espechailly thanks Jas

There no way i coulda put this water cooling together in any reasonable time frame with out the support of all the members of OCForums.. One of the main reasons i love this place :)

Back