• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick question on flow and performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

Is it worth adding an extra rad to a loop and does this require an extra pump? Or would it be better to run two seperate loops; one for the CPU and one for the GPU.

I'm just concerned a D4 doesn't have enough oomph to go:

pump--rad---cpu---rad---gpu---res---pump

Oh, and compoennt order doesn't seem to matter much either.

I've tried the rads in series, and also between other components, no temp differences.

Here's what I'd like to accomplish for future useage:

Right now I have a BIX2 and it alone is keeping everything plenty cool, my Ultra idles at like 2-3c above ambient and my 3800+ is oc'd to 2880 and it idles around 37, if I can believe the Soltek monitor.

I may go to a pelt in the future and I'm sure the BIX2 can't handle a 226w Pelt, plus say 120w the CPU is putting out plus 100w from the GPU. One Thermochill 3 may handle all of it, but I was thinking of getting the TC3 just for the CPU and let the BIX2 handle the GPU which could leave room for a pelt for it as well later.

My case can handle having both inside at the same time, so like TC3 in the front left, exhauting to the rear left and BIX2 in the rear right, exhausting to the front right.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the 120 watts put out by the CPU be negated by the pelt?

^^ Nope I'm wrong there. (I don't uses TECs so.....)

Last edited:
Back