• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quiet pc: modded 350 or 655

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
pwnt by pat said:
Which one will be quieter if given the same application: a modded MCP350 or stock MCP655 when both are at 12v?

Ive got a MCP655 and it runs real quite... i left it running for bleeding purposes and when i left there where air bubbles causing noise..

When i returned about 2 hours later i ran over to it and started cheching things cause i thought the pump failed.. turned out it was running at full power and was just to quite to tell :)

Unfortuanly ive never used a MCP350

I don't own the 655, but from what I've heard it on par with the noise level of the 350, and a more powerful pump. Right now, I'd have to say the 655 (D5) is probably the best choice in DC pumps.

I can't imagine there being a pump more silent than my 655, honestly I cant hear it when I'm right next to it. Just make sure it's the 655 not the 650 (the 655 has a black case and a dial on the back).

I've seen several reviews say the 655 is onpar with the Eheim 1250. If its that quite, Go a head with the 655. I've got a 1250 and its dead silent, execpt when there are bubbles in it, but thats irrelavant.

Being a modded mcp350 owner I can attest to it's silence but I would have to agree with the other posters and say get a 655 for the simple fact that you won't have to mod it and therefore lose your warranty.

Is it worth deep sixing the D4 for the D5? I have the D4 on a controller and I have to take it down by half before I can't hear the whine over the fans.

a properly modded or custom top 350 will be quieter BUT as others have said its not as strong and you void the warenty.
in the ultimate project im involved in , just for the 2 video cards the modded 350 suits my purpose better but i would say its probly easyer and less time consuming to go with a 655

Back