• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need TCCD upgrade help/opinions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gustav

Ok, so heres the deal...

1gb isn't cutting it anymore. I need 2gb (2x1gb). I currently have Mushkin PC3500 BH-5 (2x512). I want to upgrade to TCCD. If I'm not mistaken most if not all TCCD will run PC4000 right? If not I need at least some that will do that, if not more (4200 would be nice, but not necessary). Although I have money to burn, I would like to keep it as cheap as possible but still get some good ram. Any suggestions? Provide links if possible (newegg preferred). Thanks for the help.

Other info that might help:

I'm running a prescott 3.0 @ 3.3 right now on a Abit AI7 board, although when I get the time I'll be putting in my Asus P4C800-E Dlx board that I got back from an RMA a while back and return the clock rate to 3.8ghz (250FSB). My psu is a Antec True480. I'm currently running a 9800 pro but plan to upgrade to a x800/850 xt (pe maybe). I'm not sure how much power ram sucks up but with those upgrades and my clockrate I think the psu I have should cover it.

hey gustav since u arent stressing the fsb alot.why not get a couple of gigs of some of the ocz value vx or some speed premium with the winbond utt/bh5 .. a gig is very inexpensive 130.00-150.00 and they run 2.2.2.5 up to around 240/260 or so.. just make sure u can give them the volts they need (3.2-3.5)

Well what I like about the TCCD is that it has better than normal timings for PC4000. I guess I'll go with so tried and true pc4000/4200 then. Any suggestions (when I go back to my asus board it will be 250 fsb or possibly higher. its low now because this crappy AI7 can't do anymore)?

Last edited:
flapperhead said:
hey gustav since u arent stressing the fsb alot.why not get a couple of gigs of some of the ocz value vx or some speed premium with the winbond utt/bh5 .. a gig is very inexpensive 130.00-150.00 and they run 2.2.2.5 up to around 240/260 or so.. just make sure u can give them the volts they need (3.2-3.5)

When I search newegg I can't find any 2x1gb pc4000 or pc4200 kits...and 1gb sticks of pc4000 are expensive. There is a Transcend pc4200 1gb stick for $142 but it is ECC...where is this stuff for 130-150 you're talking about?

Back