• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what do you guys think of this ocz ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
"This RAM runs great! Running a A64 3200 Winnie@260 with [email protected] on a DFI LANParty SLI-DR completely stable on air cooling."

If this newegg review isn't BS then it looks to be a perfect choice.

I'd definately look up some other reviews, preferably as unbiased as possible.

there have been quite a few reports of problems with the vx ram on the dfi lanparty nf4 motherboard. You might want to check out www.dfi-street.com, the official ocz support forums (link on ocz's page) or xtremesystems.org for more info. The basic issues are inability to do a cold boot with that ram and reports of it dieing. Just consider that, The dfi people say a new bios should fix it and only a small percentage of the boards have these issues.

260 on the 3200 VX's is very rare...most only hit between 230 to 240 (went through 3 sets myself)...spend the extra money and get the 4000's...finally got my 4000's last week and the RMAed NEO2...running at 263 8-2-2-2 with 3.4v right now...after a week or so of buringing in these should hit between 265 to 270...they hit 260 on the first boot :)

For a little cheaper than the 3200VX you can get the Gold BH which is better IMO, mine does 260, not many sets of 3200VX will do that.

"CATS ARE SMARTER THAN DOGS. YOU'LL NEVER GET EIGHT CATS OUT IN THE SNOW PULLING A SLED"

Yes cats aren't the obedient and self-less types. They prefer to look after themselves first.

But hey that's why we love dogs for being dogs and cats for being cats..

Now back to whats the best kickass memory out there. ;)

Eldonko said:
For a little cheaper than the 3200VX you can get the Gold BH which is better IMO, mine does 260, not many sets of 3200VX will do that.
I was going to recommend the same thing, look into the Gold edition

Back