• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5WD2-Premium FSB ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerXLT8

P5WD2 Premium SpeedStep not working

I'm running an Intel 650, default multi is 17, but swithes to 14 when idle.. I see people running crazy high FSB speeds like 1200mhz and I want to do it. I cannot seem to get SpeedStep to work correctly, I can only choose *Automatic* or *Disable*, I don't have the option to set it to *Minimum* or *Maximum*. I was having this issue with my P5AD2-E Premium and I think it was nikshub who told me to do something and it worked. I have searched and searched for the thread but to no avail. Please help me!

Last edited:
Ok let me elaborate a little more onw hat's going on. My 650 on my P5ad2-e could use all the functions of eist, set it to minimum(14x multi), maximum(17xMulti). With the P5WD2 Premium the only options I have are Automatic or disable......... I'm missing something here......

hyperasus said:
I just got my P5WD2 and I was wondering the same thing.

I flashed to 0408 bios and it's a no go.

Called Asus and the tech support guy told me there was nothing he could do and said they'd call me back then hung up on me, didn't even ask for my phone number or anything. He did give me a ID number so tomorrow I'm going to call and speak with someone and tell them exactly what this jerkoff did. And if they don't help me I'll post on every damn enthusiast forum out there and tell them how Asus really is.

LOL. I think that has already been done because of the whole WiFi TV card feasco. I just asumed it was because my CPU didn't suport that option but I really have no idea.

Unfortunatly you do now have a CPU that can be unlocked to 14X. You can use EIST to fool it into running slower. However sadly there is nothing you can do short of getting a 660 on ebay :( That IS the only way.

The only way you can "disable it" is to use AI Lockfree to force to 14X

Sentential said:
Unfortunatly you do now have a CPU that can be unlocked to 14X. You can use EIST to fool it into running slower. However sadly there is nothing you can do short of getting a 660 on ebay :( That IS the only way.

The only way you can "disable it" is to use AI Lockfree to force to 14X

I know for a fact on my P5AD2-E I could set SpeedStep to *Minimum*, and this same 650 would run the 14x all day. Problem now is I don't have *Minimum* as an option under SpeedStep on the P5WD2. I got an email from the Asus Tech support night supervisor with the latest beta bios 0422 and I'm about to see if anything has changed. If I could run the 14x on the P5AD2-E, I should be able to on the P5WD2-Premium after they get this **** str8. Thinking about buying a 830 in month or so but I want to run the 14X multi on my P5WD2 first.

Back