• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what retail store sells tubing ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

irroot

Registered
Hey,
I was wondering what retail store sells 1/2" ID Clear tubing in southern california?
i checked home depot but they dont got it.
i need it now so online stores are no good.

Places like Home Depot only have cheap vinyl tubing. You can get that to hold you over until you order something online.

Some people use the vinyl all the time.

you could always buy it online and pay for overnight shipping, id say although costly is your best bet

you could always order online and choose the expensive 1-day shipping. :shrug:

BTW Daddyjaxx: he noted that home depot didnt have it in stock.

You could try Lowes or Ace hardware if its in your area.

EDIT: excuse the repeat... posted a few secs after s random.

I have vinyl tubing & it works great for me. I got it from US Plastic Corps. however as most Home Depot stores here in the LA area seem to only have 1/16" wall 1/2" tubing.

Get out your phone book and call around to home depot and lowes near your house. It might be out of stock at one but chance are it will be in stock at another. I've got home depot brand tubing but I will be ordering some tygon R-3603 very soon.

don't bother with tygon - just get clearflex60 & save alot of cash

you could probably drive up do mcmaster's cali. warehouse and pick some up - they have 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD clearflex60 for 68cents/foot (sold under the name Chemical PVC Tubing)

I use silicone tubing from mcmasters, and it's great. I also use their brass fitting as well...click here

Counda said:
Try a local pet store that sells fish stuff. A friend of mine got tubing at a local Pets Unlimited.

yeah, i saw the local petstore had tubing after i ordered my tygon and overnighted it though :rolleyes:

Dont' feel too bad about the petstore tubing, a large one near me had 1/2 ID that turned out to be 1/16" wall, and had the charming quality of turning milky white as soon as I got water running through it. :/

Back