• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P3V4X & Ati 9600xt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ski-bum

I have an old P3V4X motherboard running on a second system. It had a Geforce Ti 4400 in it. I tried to install an ATI 9600xt into it but I get a blank screen (black) when it starts to boot with a long beep and three short beeps. You can hear the system still loading just no video at all. I have the 1006 beta bios installed with everything set to default. If I reinstall the old Geforce card everything is OK and the 9600xt works fine in another system. I have the Via 4 in 1 drivers installed and the registry hack to enable AGP4x. I have a 400watt power supply installed, so it's not a power issue. I also installed the lastest Ati drivers.

Come on. I know this was the board of choice back in it's day. Does anyone know if there is a conflict between the P3V4X and new video cards. I thought I saw somewhere that someone was still operating this board with the Ati 9600xt. I keep getting one long beep with three short ones, which means no video card. I can put this card back into my P4C800e-Deluxe and it works just fine. Aghhhh. Any help, PLEASE!

Why doesn't the classic P3V4X recongnize the ATI 9600xt? It doesn't make sense. By the way Asus tech support SUCKS!

Back