• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which memory manufacturer makes the best Samsung TCCD/TCC5 modules?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Which memory manufacturer makes the best Samsung TCCD/TCC5 modules?

• OCZ

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • G.Skill

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Corsair

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Kingston

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Patriot

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • PQI

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Mushkin

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks a million JoT. I have been wanting to see which TCCD/TCC5 people are using. I had superior luck with my Patriot ram...but I haven't tested with anything else. I am going to give the Mushkin a try now!

-Collin-

glock19owner,

That would be Corsair, right? :)

Back to the poll...what criteria to determine "best"? Would it be highest overall clocking, at 1T, highest clock at 2-2-2-x or maybe highest speeds reached at 2.5-3-3-7, for example?

I believe that Ninja is trying to find ram for his Intel rig, not an AMD and that might make a difference, as well.

I'm just wondering if maybe the poll question shouldn't be quite so broad in scope.

Reefa_Madness said:
glock19owner,

Back to the poll...what criteria to determine "best"? Would it be highest overall clocking, at 1T, highest clock at 2-2-2-x or maybe highest speeds reached at 2.5-3-3-7, for example?

I believe that Ninja is trying to find ram for his Intel rig, not an AMD and that might make a difference, as well.

I'm just wondering if maybe the poll question shouldn't be quite so broad in scope.

Well, that's a good point...but I am sure people have their favorites. I think what I was getting at is a broad question of which people have been the most happy with. By my personal experience, the Patriot has acted best for me.

You are right to question at what speeds I was talking about. My Patriot did about 210mhz at 2-2-2 while the mushkin could reach around 220 at 2-2-2. Oh well, I just want to know which brand people have had good luck with :)

-Collin-

OK, I thought maybe you were looking for the best sticks to match with your DDR1 setup.

Since your target is right around 270 from what you told me, whether a set does really tight timings at 220 if all fine and dandy, but has no bearing on what you are wanting to do. How high they clock at 2.5-3-3-7 would seem to be of more interest to you. That is why I thought the poll question was too broad in scope.

I guess I was trying to read too much into your poll request.

I'm currently testing the first of two new sets of OCZ PC3200 TCC5 (v1.1) and should be able to give feedback on that later this weekend.

If money was no object, I'd get the GSkills. Otherwise under ordinary circumstances I'll go with OCZ.

NinjaZX6R said:
Thanks a million JoT. I have been wanting to see which TCCD/TCC5 people are using. I had superior luck with my Patriot ram...but I haven't tested with anything else. I am going to give the Mushkin a try now!

-Collin-

Patriot XBLK TCCD all the way for me!:attn:

I hope to pick up a gig of OCZ soon. Lets see how they match up.

Over a week waiting to hear back from GSkill for my RMA number though. That's kind of unacceptable service. I don't think OCZ is known for taking more than 24 hours to get back to you.

That's got to count for something too. When I get my GSkill replacement I am going to sell it and buy more OCZ Rev.2 Platinums. I like those a lot.

Shane

Reefa_Madness said:
I'm currently testing the first of two new sets of OCZ PC3200 TCC5 (v1.1) and should be able to give feedback on that later this weekend.
Which he got from me :p

Best what?

Best price to preformance?
Best top preformance?
Best average preformance?
Best chance for non crappy preformance?

Milage may vary.

I've got a gig of Corsair XMS PC3200XLPT waiting for me at home, so once I get a chance to play with it, I'll be able to offer an opinion. This is my first run with TCCD. Really interested to see how it performs.

I've never run TCCD either until recently!

I was going to go for a gig of the Patriot XBLK, but pricing on the Mushkin Level 2 V2 was too good to pass up.

I've been wondering for while just how good the L2 really is, and now I know! I've been pushing the 2x512's hard in testing over the past few days, and this stuff is like the "Energizer Bunny"!

I've been doing testing in my Asus Socket A rig, since I'm waiting on a new CPU for my DFI board. I'd been running Twinmos/Winbond BH-5 in the Asus, and was pretty happy with the 220FSB I got.

The Mushkin has run as high as 240FSB in this rig, and runs Prime stable at 230FSB. I can't wait to try it in the UT nF3 250Gb!

Reefa_Madness said:
glock19owner,

No, I think that would be Sentential's favorite :p.

While my PQI are definitely the best TCCD in my experience (pretty much rock stable at 308, 2.5-3-3-6), I voted 'Other' this time. Why? I just picked up 2x512 Vitesta PC600 over the weekend - on a hunch the best TCCD went into these sticks. They max out at 307, 2.5-3-3-6 #5/6 clean.

Last night I finished benching a slew of benchmarks at 300x9, 2.5-3-3-6 (the sticks only like 2.7 VDIMM): Five-Mark (3DMark2000/2001/2003/2005/Aquamark), UT2003 bench, Codecreatures, both GunMetal demos, IL-2 demo, SS2nd Encounter demo. I got all of them to pass, but needed to tweak the read/write delays a bit. Got a 29.985 SuperPI 1M time at 2700 mhz, and a 36.3 latency time in Everest.

So far I have three sets of TCCD that are Memtest clean at 300+, 2.5-3-3-6, but the PQI is the best, the Vitesta second, and the LEs are not stable in 3D until 290 or so. Yup, 2x512 at 1T.

If you think TCCD is slow, I got a 28'18" SuperPI 32M time at 290x10, 2.5-4-3-6, as well as 25'58" at a mere 281x10, 2.5-3-3-6. I can use the 3.3 volt jumper on my DFI NF4 board ALL THE TIME and disconnect the cooling fan I blow on the mosfet sink for BH-5 :clap:.

I am burning in the Vitesta right now as I think it may help 3D stability.

I am running the DFI Ultra-D and a 3700+ San Diego. Even at just 2700 mhz, frame rates are smoking at 300, 2.5-3-3-6. In the GunMetal demos, I got around 38-40 fps average at 1600x1200x32, 4xFSAA, 16xAniso at max detail, with my X850XT PE at default clock! Try running the demo at these settings and see what you get ;). The demos never went by so fast! Hmmm, over all ready?

Back