• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Gskill

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Good for testing.... hmm...

I guess what I should say is which one is the best overall for lowest timings at say 290.

On Newegg there are a bunch of different versions with different prices I have no idea which one to get.

yes, ive wondered the same thing too. i see a lot of people wiht the LEs. but there are also LDs and other types.

The main difference between the LE and LA's are...The LE's are PC4400 rated while the LA's are PC4800 rated...also the 1G LE's are rated at 1T while the 1G LA's are rated at 2T...but the 512 DC kits of the LA's are rated at 1T...at least this was the rating with the true TCCD chips...not too sure of the t command rating of the new TCC5's though

I might be looking at buying some new ram.. wondering how these compare to the OCZ platinum rev. 2 series at newegg for 180 dollars? Also what is 1t and 2t? I've seen that a lot but not sure what it means. thanks

So far my OCZ Plat. Rev.2 are outperforming my GSkill 4400LD. ...for a lot less money.

The difference between the LD and the LC is that the LD is only rated for 2-3-3-6 at 200mHz while the LC is rated at 2-2-2-5. They are both rated 2.5-4-4-8 at 550.

My first pair of LD's failed to hit 275. The second set seems to work but gets one or two errors in test 7 in a memtest run (but seems to run well in windows). It may be my motherboard but I contacted Gskill 3 times in the last week for an RMA and still have not heard back.

All things being equal, that would lead me to believe OCZ is the superior product. ...but all things are not equal...the OCZ is cheaper, looks better with the platinum heatspreader, and runs with no errors at better timings.

I will not buy GSkill again. OCZ, however, is on my list of favorites.

Shane

yeah I've heard nothing but good things about OCZ mem, that they would run good timings at my 250 FSB on a 1:1 ratio instead of the 5:4 i have to use with my corsair

Back