• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling added now i has issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheMainFrame

Hi,

I added water cooling and it all worked out preety good for me.. My temps look good even tho im using the Bios tep probe i can tell that the temps are quite a bit lower then when i had air...

Under full load the temps only rise about 6C at the most adn im super happy with thow it all worked out...

You can check my Sig for the componets as well as pictures of the new water cooling setup..

My questions comes that i have it all back together and its up and running.. all seems to run smooth under normal use

however i ran duel prime 95 and then left for diner and when i returned i noticed that the first copy had stopped at 6 min and the second copy stopped at 38 min..

These are at the stock setting for the CPU.. what could cause this cause everthing looks good on the Temp range...

Athually as im writing this im thinking.. because i had the asus ice star that had 2 fans working in a push-pull and where quite fast perhaps i lost a good chunk of my airflow in the system.. I have my Ram overcloked quite a bit and was wondering if a increase in system temp could account for the failure?

Any ideas or suggestions would help thanks

interesting.. was running duel prime95's while i was typing this and one got a windows error message and it had to close...

Is this starting to sound like a memory issue?

outhouse said:
try going back to stock settings and see

ya thats what im going to do right now..

Was also thinking that i removed a good chunck of airflow and added a componet (pump) that generates more heat for the system..

I personally think this defnitely sounds like a memory issue. Especially if you say your memory is OC'd , and you have decrease airflow to it.

Your other components still need to be cooled even if you watercool.

ram is a very common reason for prime failing . i used to think that prime didnt use much ram and it was mostly cpu but for some reason prime failing for me has always been an indicator for the ram . no scientific reason here just my real world results many times over

Back