• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cl 2/2.5/3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chubchubcullen

CAS latency

what kind of performance/speed differences would i see in lower cas latency? would i even notice a big difference between 2 and 2.5? im looking to buy 1gig (2x512) of ddr400 or ddr433 (trying to keep it within $100). also any suggestions on brands that can give me the best timings at low volts?

Last edited:
Which motherboard are you going to be running it with? In general CAS makes little difference on a P4 system, but has some effect on A64. You will not notice the difference between cas 2 and 2.5 doing regular day things, but if you are benchmarking and doing other stuff like that it can see it

im running it on the socket A board in my sig. i think im either gonna go with ddr400 2x512 corsair valueselect or corsair xms depending on it i want to pay the extra $35. thanks for the info!

Back