• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a program to oc ram from windows?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeh there are several programs like SoftFSB, CPUcool, and clockgen. The PLL on your motherboard is the deciding factor if the programs will work or not for you. Some motherboard makers provide oc'ing software with the board. It would be on the mobo driver cd.

I also have clockgen. I don't know if anything is wrong with it but my computer often shuts down when using it. And everytime I boot my system up again all speeds are set to default again! In my opinion it isn't really useful. Setting the sppeed up over the BIOS is much more effective! And of course you can't change any voltages with clockgen!

Yeah well, the options that I have for fsb are 100, 133, 166, 200. Then I have something called 'frequency voltage control' that allows me to change the fsb in increments of 1 mhz ie 166 to 199mhz, these can only be adjusted from the bios, and sometimes I have to reset cmos to get it to boot. It is a pain, and has kept me from messing w/ the settings practicaly at all.

Also, I can't adjust the voltage on either the proc, or the ram, so that option doesn't matter. If the settings aren't permanent then so much the better. I need a prog that isn't as much of a hassle to use as my crappy bios.

Do you guys have links to dl those progs?

MOSCHAMENSCH said:
I also have clockgen. I don't know if anything is wrong with it but my computer often shuts down when using it. And everytime I boot my system up again all speeds are set to default again! In my opinion it isn't really useful. Setting the sppeed up over the BIOS is much more effective! And of course you can't change any voltages with clockgen!
Clockgen and A64 Tweaker are useful for tweaking in windows without having to reboot 100 times, once you get the settings you like reboot and set the appropriate settings in the BIOS.

Thanks guys. Apparently me mobo is not supported by any of those progs (via 8377 chipset). So IDK where to go now :shrug:

Back