• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good memory cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheMainFrame

Well unles i get some good suggestions on some memory cooling options im thinking of just taking 2 small fans.. like the 40mm box fans you see on older graphics cards.. and putting one on top and one on bottom and use an elastic or somthing to create a wind tunnel down the center of the 2 ram chips..

Will that perform well?

Sounds like it would work well. It won't cool the outside of the memory I don't think. If you try it, be sure to take a pic if possible and post it here.

-Collin-

Kill_A._Byte said:
Check this thread Go through the whole thing and search for some of the pics and links there are some interesting ideas. Might give you some inspiration.
Killa

Thanks .. good stuff :)

Im try somthing a bit diffrent.. got LED's on the top of my ram so i want to not have any obstruction..

Ill try my idea and if it dont cool enough i guess ill have to give up some looks for performance... but i do like to have my cake an eat it to :p

Back