• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ram voltage/geil ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chubchubcullen

i want to purchase a 1gig of geil ddr400. on newegg it says the voltage ranges from 2.55-2.95v and im not sure if my setup can handle that? should that be a problem? would having a sorry psu also affect it?

chubchubcullen said:
i want to purchase a 1gig of geil ddr400. on newegg it says the voltage ranges from 2.55-2.95v and im not sure if my setup can handle that? should that be a problem?
You'll have to check your manual to see what ram voltages your motherboard supports.
would having a sorry psu also affect it?
Defiantly. You want to be sure that you PSU can handle the extra load, or you may experience loss of stability (or worse).

Yes a crappy PSU can affect your ram voltages, and most likely will. I don't think your motherboard supports changing of the ram voltages, so I wouldn't chance it. I've never used geil ram, but my Mushkin is rated 2.5-2.8v and I have to run it at 2.8 for stock setting to be stable.

Edit: Ahhh you beat me to it GnuFsh!

Back