• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What kind of RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aznduck

Registered
Hello Overclockers

I'm building bout a $600 budget pc for my cuzin. I don't know which RAM I should get. I'm probably gonna get a AMD XP-M 2500+ or a AMD 64 3200+. So far, I was thinkin bout the OCZ Enhanced Latency PC-3200 2-3-2-5 for $67.79 on Newegg. Any advice would help. Thanks

this might be a stupid question, but what's dual channel? i might know, but i'm not sure.

Dual Channel meaning two sticks of memory running in parallel for increased bandwidth. Theoretical* is doubled.

In order to use dual channel, you will need a Dual Channel capable motherboard if you are going socket A (XP-M), or Socket 939 (A64 3200+ has an dual channel controller integrated in the core.

Rosewill makes some nice cheap memory. If I were you I would get the cheapest 1gb(2X512kb) kit out there.

Back