• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cleaning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OutS|der

how would i go about cleaning out rust and corrosion on my old blocks, pump and rad so i can see if their resellable
got 2 complete sets i gotta flush out all the parts so whats the best way how?
do i have to use distailled water to flush it out or what

try vinegar. leave it in the block for about 24h, then rinse it clean. if you can take the block appart then scrub it clean

Ketchup works great, but I'd only recommend it for a block you can open to clean it all out. It didn't go so well in my Swiftec 6000.

I recommend Vinegar and Salt. About a teaspoon of salt per cup of vinegar works great, and only requires an hour or less of soaking time.

Rinse in the kitchen sink with running tap water. Then a final rinse with distilled.
Put a piece of celophane tape over the (dried) openings, and they'll be all ready to ship.

It doesn't have to have the distilled rinse if your going to dry the parts out well. It may leave waterspots though, and I believe in going the extra mile for someone willing to buy parts from me...it's makes the value just that little bit higher. ;)

Last edited:
Back