• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help, ASAP.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GáTê©rÀ$Hë®

Hi all,
1st time to build an h2o setup, n heres what am gnna
get:

cpu block : MCW6002 or Silverprop SE : 1/2"
pump : Laing ddc (mcp350) : 3/8"
radiator : black ice Xtreme 2 : 1/2"
reservoir : WaterCool Reservoir II : 1/2"
hose : clearflex60 : ? (1/2" or 3/8")
hoseclamps : norma hoseclamps : ? (8-16mm or 12-20mm)

? = dont know that size to get, dats where ur help comes in.
I live in AUS btw, but i wont wait for G4/G5.
Ne inputs or suggestions r welcome.

Also the cpu block has integrated hose barbs(1/2"), n even the pump(3/8"), so they dont match.

This will b for dfi ultra-d n 3200+ venice in a lian li v1000+(ordered v1000 but they sent me v1000+) :shrug:

Last edited:
Well you can either get everything with 3/8" barbs, or get adapters for the pump; 3/8" tube to 1/2" tube with step up fittings. Or, you could get an MCP 650 which is 1/2". Parts look good, I'd consider the BIP instead of the BIX... could use quieter fans on the BIP.

nikhsub1 said:
Well you can either get everything with 3/8" barbs, or get adapters for the pump; 3/8" tube to 1/2" tube with step up fittings. Or, you could get an MCP 650 which is 1/2". Parts look good, I'd consider the BIP instead of the BIX... could use quieter fans on the BIP.

Thnx.
Well, the sticky said mcp350 is better dan mcp650.
But if my setup would perfrom better wid mcp650, ill go for it.
N can u show me a pic of the adapter for 3/8" - 1/2" for mcp350?
Or do i ave to cut the fittings n glue a 1/2"?
I will use quiet fans, like antec 120mm, for the BIX, but i know what u
mean, BIX needs fans with higher pressure, right?

I gnna buy parts today.

NO not the MCP650 the MCP655... should do better than the 350. Yes, with quiet fans the BIP will outperform the BIX... have you considered the Thermochill PA160.1?

I dont think ill find mcp655 n thermochill in AUS yet.
I ave 2 sunon fans spare, but i want quiter 1s.
Ill get this instead for BIX:
lfg6b.jpg
2000RPM fan speed
77.70 CFM air flow
32.95 dBA noise level

Also, those cpu blocks ave 1/2" integrated barbs, so i cant change them.
So i guess am stuck on mcp650.

MCP655 or 650 is hardly something to be dissapointed about being stuck on. And you are not for a start, since you could just get the Swiftech 6000-64. Exactly the same block but 3/8" Tubing. I would definitely get the Thermochill PA160 if you can bite the cost, but you were going to get a BIXII so you should be fine. Could you link to that fan you were intending to get? If you were to get the BIX you would need a 38mm thick fan, which I dont think any LED fans some as.

LED Fans are rarely the best to go with on Rads. You can light your case other ways.

Last edited:
You can still use the MCP350 with 1/2" tubing. All you have to do is get a small peice of 3/8" ID, 1/2" OD tubing cut off enough to fit over the barbs on the pump. Slip the 3/8" tubing on to the barbs first then you will be able to use 1/2"hose over that, you may need to wet the tubing a little bit so the 1/2" slips over the 3/8" easily. I have the MCP350 running in my system with all 1/2" tubing and none of those stupid adapters.

Thnx to da 3 of U's.
I guess ill ave to wait till mid June for the MCP655, I was gnna
order mcp650 but then its already soldout n the mcp655 will b the replacement.

Am low on budget now so ill ave to use my Sunon fans which r 38mm thick.
Ill run them in series to ave 6V each, or use fan controller.
So heres my update:Thermochill isnt available in AUS yet.

BIX 2 with Sunon fans
MCW6002 or Silverprop SE
MCP655
ClearFlex60 hose
Norma hose clamps

Still avent decided on vidcard to get, if i go X850... will the
Silverprop Fusion HL fit on it?
N what size of hose clamps would i use on 1/2" tubings?

The Swiftech 655 is available in US online stores, which ship internationally if you want. The Thermochill is available for international order through some UK Webshops, though shipping wont be cheap, but it will be available in Aus soon. Ask Cathar, he knows what shops will be getting it.

That question is not easily addressed. I suggest reading over at procooling forums, they have a big thread going on about it I think. Generally I think Single Pass is preferred, however all Rads except the new PA160 are double pass AFAIK. Ive never heard of Radical, the blocks looked pretty good, but I would try and stick to what has been suggested. The Swiftech Block is the highest performing comercial block after the Little Rives Blocks.

Dude, thnx for ur time answering newbie Qs.
I sent u a pm, plz check.

Changed my mind, going to 3/8" tubing:

MCW6000 3/8"
BIX 2 3/8"
MCP350 3/8"
WaterCool Res II 3/8"
ClearFlex 2Metres 3/8"

What hoseclamp size? 8-16mm or 12-20mm

to boil it down for your last question. single pass are more eficient but they arnt very easy to find and the inlet and output arnt as convienient unless you have a large case that is well suited to water cooling.

single pass is lower restricion which means more flow ( which helps more with a wider veriety of pumps) the other thing about single pass is they are a bazzillion times easyer to bleed , especialy when the system is set up correctly.

some people say that they like double pass and sight that the water travels double the distance in the rad. the problem with this reasoning is that the increased resistance means the water travels through the rad more slowly as aposed to a single pass in which the it travels faster. ( if you dont understand why this is important for flow to be higher see stickies '' how a core works'' )

as far as the hoseclamps, it'll depend on the OD of your tubing. if you go with the 1/2" or 9/16" the 8-16mm should be fine. but it could be a little tight with the 5/8 OD tubing, i'm not sure on that one

Back