• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maze 4 Acetal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
first ones aluminum. and it has barbs, which some favor over the things the acetal one has. the aluminum top will sometiems react weird in loops. the acetal one also supports the 6800 series without adapter.

well, copper and aluminum have some bad reactions in the same loop. like they can cause corrosion or something. google copper and aluminum in the same loop. i wouldnt worry about it, what card do you plan on cooling?

Daddyjaxx said:
I may be missing something, but the barbs on the Maze 4 look just like the ones on my Acetal version.

Then you are missing somthing :)

One has a barb with a single lip

The other has barbs with several lips.. ribbed you might say

neither of the blocks require adapters for mounting on different cards, though the acetal topped version has an option to choose the 6800 mounting to utilize all 4 holes

and now both blocks ship from danger den with the single-lipped high-flow barbs, so the pics don't mean squat

but overall, the acetal top is better - there are no chances of galvanic corrosion liek there is with the aluminum top, plus its much less restrictive because of the new milled-out design that DD uses

plus the acetal top is alot lighter, putting less strain on your card

Sneaky said:
but overall, the acetal top is better - there are no chances of galvanic corrosion liek there is with the aluminum top, plus its much less restrictive because of the new milled-out design that DD uses

plus the acetal top is alot lighter, putting less strain on your card

Yes, and you don't have to worry about the Acetal cracking like poly tops.

So in other words, get the Acetal. The aluminum top is out dated.

you must get the acetal top because to my knowledge they have not updated the aluminum top to work with 6800 series cards. also all the new blocks come with the "non-ribbed" barbs which are better.

Back