• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gskill LE's wont run at 275 FSB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shentx

I have a pair of LE's which are rated to run at 2.5-3-3-7 @ 275 mhz, however mine can only run at 270 mhz x 14

If I put my ram on a divider, I can run my FSB at 280 fine with the ram at 228mhz. This leads me to believe that the CPU is not the limiting factor.

I cant run 275x14 (3850mhz), however 230x17 (3910) runs just fine.

Going to run memtest @ 270x14 overnight to see if it helps.

While it is true that G. Skill TCCD is rated to run 275 Mhz, please try to keep in mind that their modules are all guarunteed on the Athlon 64 platform. I suppose that kind of sucks to hear that, but it should come at no surprise that K8 systems run TCCD much better. Typically, I would say that you should RMA your sticks if they cannot Memtest at 275 Mhz, but I'm not sure how that applies to an Intel system. I'd try your overnight Memtest, and contact a G. Skill rep (such as OnePageBook or Kakaroto) at the same time.

deception``

Ah, I see. It just seemed confusing to me that the system can run at 280 FSB, but not the memory. But as you mentioned because it is rated at 275 on AMD, I will be perfectly happy with 270x14 :)

Edit: Running 272x14 in memtest on test #5 with no errors, however 1 mhz higher and no post :cry:

Last edited:
On my GSkill the insert that came with the RAM shows that it has been tested at 275 on an ASUS P4P800 motherboard. That sounds like they intend it to reach that speed on an Intel based system to me.

At least when they show a picture of memtest running at 275 on a P4P800 that's what it implies to me. I'd RMA the ram. I am having trouble with my GSkill 4400 ram right now, yet my OCZ TCC5 based ram does just dandy at 275.

Shane

Can someone please confirm if these should run at 275 FSB on an intel, specifically a p4c800-e dlx.

Shentx said:
Can someone please confirm if these should run at 275 FSB on an intel, specifically a p4c800-e dlx.

It could be a chipset limiting factor. It is MUCH harder on the chipset to run at 285 1:1 than at 280fsb with a divider. 270 1:1 on an intel are pretty dang good results if I may say. I have not achieved such luck yet. I can pretty much gaurantee you that it is not the ram, but rather the board. Have you tried running 2t command rate?

-Collin-

NinjaZX6R said:
It could be a chipset limiting factor. It is MUCH harder on the chipset to run at 285 1:1 than at 280fsb with a divider. 270 1:1 on an intel are pretty dang good results if I may say. I have not achieved such luck yet. I can pretty much gaurantee you that it is not the ram, but rather the board. Have you tried running 2t command rate?

-Collin-

I thought the 2t timing was mostly limited to AMD, however their is no setting in the bios for 1t or 2t, and obviously I can't use a64 tweeker. I am pretty sure its running 1t.

Back