• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T line question, can i position it here....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hung

im about to put my rad on top of my case, drill 2 holes for the nozzles, and then run a long hose down to the pump and have it connect to the out hole of the pump, but i want to add a T line between that hose, so that it goes
pump -> T line -> rad -> cpu
heres a picture that might help lol

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 130
The pump is going to push to water to the rad right? Then no, don't place the T line there as it "should" go BEFORE the pump so you don't run the sucker dry and trash the impailler.

that is a good place to put it. you want your t line before your rad especialy if you have your rad elevated at the top. you want to catch as much air as you can in your tline before it hits the rad. i dont know where you get
go BEFORE the pump so you don't run the sucker dry and trash the impailler.
but that is not how it works

in fact you want to lengthen the hose to your rad so that the t line sits horizontal so the fill hose is more vertical than the hose going to the rad . that is UNTILL its fully bled. if you can turn your system sideways also so oyu can run it for a while while bleeding that will help too.

thorilan said:
that is a good place to put it. you want your t line before your rad especialy if you have your rad elevated at the top. you want to catch as much air as you can in your tline before it hits the rad. i dont know where you get but that is not how it works

can you explain this better please...I have always been under the impression that the T-line would be best where Flip-mode suggested it...

I'm in fact putting together my system...so that was the where I was going to put the T-line.

thanks, didn't mean hijack your thread but at least it's on topic yeah? :santa:

what flip-mode is saying is you don't want to fill the system with the t-line after the outlet of the pump because you'll be pouring water into the outlet instead of the inlet which will run the impeller dry and possibly kill your pump. if you fill it up and work the water around the loop BEFORE turning the pump (only using t-line for bleeding) there's no problems.

if the t-line is perfectly verticle i'd worry about how the air bubbles are going to work their way up the t-line..

Makes sense to turn the case sideways while bleeding to get all of the air out. I have wondered if you mount your rad on top if it is best to drill a small hole of some sort in the tanks thread it to use as a bleed valve. Seems like air would tend to build up in the rad otherwise. I would also go with the t-line before the pump to make it easier to fill and not run the pump dry. Since you have no blocks between the pump and rad, putting the t-line before the rad to "catch more air before it enters the rad" doesn't make sense to me because if you put it before the pump, it will do that also.

doesn't make sense to me because if you put it before the pump, it will do that also.
not usualy no it wont.

ok first . you should always have your system near completely full before ever turning it on. that means you wont harm your pump.
second .try getting air out of your rad. its a pain. the air would have to travel down wards in the proposed setting. i have made a LOT of systems and i can safrom real world experiance which is very considerable that after the pump is better.

and finaly i said horizontal not vertical.

Thats very similiar to how I did my setup. Here are some pictures:
holes.JPG

radiator1.JPG

setup.JPG

fillport.JPG

ah fighter, you have your T in the flow of your water setup though dont you?
looks like you have it pulling so...
rad --> T line --> pump --> cpu
notice how the arrows are going left
im trying to have it like this i think
rad <-- T line <-- pump <-- cpu
if i do ti like fighter2a, do you think ill notice any temp differences, cause its going from the rad then to the pump then to the cpu, but the T line would work perfectly

but yeah, if i did have it horizontal would that work with getting air bubbles out? lol

The reason why I did it my way is because it was really easy to fill up. I poured some liquid in until my T-Line was full then turned the pump on for a second or two so it forced the water past the pump then kept doing it until the whole loop was full.

Back