• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BT-6 question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orionlion82

I Goofed ages back, and today i found out i have different ram than i thought.

I thought it was crucial/micron PC3200, 2.6V 512X4

I its ACTUALLY Crucial PC2700 with Infineon BT-6. :bang head

i hear its fairly lousy, and im still rather in shock about it, now that ive actually bothered to drop in on the memory section...

allso, i had a "duh" moment when i read/connected the dots on the DDR thing
as in ive had the stuff locked in at 400Mhz...
( no wonder i get Bsods all the time!)

knowing what i know now, how much voltage can this stuff take?

oh, and how badly should i kick myself for having nearly $400 in crappy pc2700 ?

I had some BT-6 in my KVR2700. It had no trouble running 200mhz at 2.7v with timings of 2.5-3-3-8. It is not terrible ram, just not the greatest. I am not sure on max voltage, but you can probably do 2.8v-2.9v and just feel how warm it gets. Best of luck.

-Collin-

WooHoo! that did me right. i can now post at 250FSB 3500MHZ on my 2.8C (drooping to 1.55 at full load)
not only that, but it runs 1:1 with 2.8V... i was scared to go over 2.6V and to get above 3400 i would have to do it with software. now, its screaming along!
i know im actually on the edge now because the screen is flickering and getting corrupted every now and then. Woo Hoo!

now for a maniac run with software O/C to see what happens next.
Thanks for the voltage tips!

i hab my bt-7 pc2100 running at 210mhz!!! coming from a wimpy stock 142mhz!!!

mabe it could have gone higher. i haven't try'd yet.

ya know, most people who agressively oc their ram go to 3.0 volts and above.
if you want to go nuts, just buy (or at least look for) some new ram, then put heatsinks or a fan on the old ram and go ape****.

i've been running this ram in this pc @ 2.8 volts FOREVER and its been fine, it just doesn't like manual timings, because its mixxed brand, will only run SPD

maybe. my ram will only run that way, (SPD) and it's just because of the solitary kingston stick that doesn't play well with others.

you may not need to run it like that, just try it both ways.
if you start to get freezes,lockups, or random reboots,
then try setting it to SPD in your bios.
OR find out what the slowest minimum setting is for the slowest stick
and run all the banks that way.

cheers

Well, i get to ressurect this thread again. new hardware, but the same ram.

in the memory database thread NinjaZX6R lists his BT-6 at 2.5 3-3-11
in this thread its listed at 2.7V 2.5-3-3-8,

mine really hates voltage, i think i can allmost conclude. i dont want to believe it though.

i allso would love to try 2.5 3-3-11 to see what this stuff can do, but the highest my bios gives me is 2.5 3-3-8, no 11.
im at my nastiest devider, which i think is 266, and 3.0 3-3-8, and even with 2.8V i cant get it stable for ANYTHING over about 210FSB.

i start to reach my board/Proc/psu limit around 3.8-4.0GHZ
(its a 3.2 prescott X16 cleverly desguised as a 2.13celeron 533FSB)
of course
i would love to get 3.6 stable, maybe 3.8, just to make the devider worth it- but this ram is killing me.
otherwise it runs best with no devider at 200FSB at 2.6V - limits me to 3.2..
how do i get it stable?

Back