• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

when pump turns on, hose looks like this...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hung

everything i turn on my computer, the hose to going IN to my swiftech pump looks like this...
as you can see it looks like its sucking so hard that the hose gets sucked tight as well, how can i fix this? started happening when i added a T line :p

Attachments

• 6-3-5- 009.jpg
    6-3-5- 009.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 211
LOL
omg that does sound right LOL
ok sometimes the simplest exp. is also the most obvious one
thx bro

Either that or you need to use a larger fitting for your T, like 5/8". It might do that if your fitting has more restriction than your block.

argh lol yeah i left the cap off for about half an hour now, thats bleeding right? lol
and still the tube is thin as hell like in the picture.
hmm ive never heard of getting a larger T fitting though,

what kind of tubing are you using, this shouldn't be happening regardless of air in the system, looks like it is bend and then it is crashed, I would say it's tubing, too week tubbing walls, or the angle is sharp causing it to bend

If suction is still causing the tube to flatten, turn off the pump (and computer) before you damage the pump by running it dry. I'm serious. You need to stiffen the input tubing so it stays round. You could split another section of tubing on one side, slip it over the existing tubing from pump inlet to the T fitting, then use small zip ties every half inch or so to force it to stay round. Either that or replace that section of tubing with something that has thicker sideways. I guess another option would be the swiftech "coolsleeves" which is a long plastic spiral that supports thin-wall tubing to keep it from collapsing from tight bends or suction.

yeah, that clearflex 60 with 5/8" OD has weak walls, only get the 3/4" OD thick walls, those are better, thx for everything gungeek

yep....and the tubing it was, replaced it with some cheap vinyl that was laying around and presto! no collapse, clearflex isnt a bad type of tubing, its just that they make it so flexible that it loses all of its mauverability, so next time its 3/4" od for me

weak hose?

The_WRATH said:
everything i turn on my computer, the hose to going IN to my swiftech pump looks like this...
as you can see it looks like its sucking so hard that the hose gets sucked tight as well, how can i fix this? started happening when i added a T line :p

You might have incredibly weak hose. Nylon hose is less flexible, then again it kinks easy. I think it should circulate freely and not put such a heavy draw on the tube, but it is. Is there an extreme consriction before the waterblock so the water is not flowing to the pump somehow? (and collapsing the suction tube to the pump?}

Into the pump....that means vacuum is collapsing the tube.

I agree. Seems that pump must be working awfully hard just to try to get some water. I had no problem with this when back when I didn't know better and I first used the cheap 1/16" walled Clearflex60. Maybe something with the way your tubing is laid out is adding to this problem?

yeah im positive it was the hose because now it doesnt collapse anymore, i dont no what what wrong with that tubing, but the tubing i had lying around that i got from the hardware store was pretty strong, it kinks, but the way i have it right now is that its barely bent, so theres nothing to worry about now right? lol

thick wall????

The_WRATH said:
yeah im positive it was the hose because now it doesnt collapse anymore, i dont no what what wrong with that tubing, but the tubing i had lying around that i got from the hardware store was pretty strong, it kinks, but the way i have it right now is that its barely bent, so theres nothing to worry about now right? lol

They got thick wall at McMaster. Also it ties in pretzels and does not kink.It is also very cheap at $.38/ft. It is under Plastic tube PVC.

So thick that 3/8" looks like 1/2". Not knowing the connection to the block it probably would not work, but if you had a barb and a hose clamp it would, then it would never collapse.

Back