• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koolance cpu-300 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rodman

Registered
I have a XP-90 which comes with a P4 heatsink mount that you need to swap with a stock AMD mount in order to install it. My question is, since the 300 cooler is setup to connect with a stock P4 heatsink mount, can't I just slap the 300 on without swapping the old AMD mount and brackets on? In other words can I use the XP-90s heatsink mount with a Koolance CPU-300 or is it better to use my stock AMD 64 mount and adapter.

i use to have the koolance block, but it does come with its own adapters, p4 and athlon, and you dont need to take anything off your mobo if thats what your asking

II have that very block and it requires an adapter to work with A64. The adapters are cheap you can get them here . Biggest problem is that it requires you remove the MB install and remove the adapter. If that’s not a problem for you then it works fine.

oh wait, you have to buy the a64 and xeon adapters right? think it only supports xp and so forth

Back