• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The what kind of chip game :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

huey

I recently picked up a pair of okz gold rated 2-2-2-5 @ 3200 speeds, and they are not el. I was wondering if this was tccd? Any help is great, so i know how to treat my oc with these.

BH5, too bad i cant do the voltages they need to oc, because i am on a epox :(

huey said:
BH5, too bad i cant do the voltages they need to oc, because i am on a epox :(
Most mobo's cant give the voltage needed to OC those babies. Look into a booster or droop mods.

boosters are great. make sure you mobo is compatible though.
also i think the gold uses the new winbond utt chip, which is based off the ch die
SteveOCZ can help clarify this one, just drop em' a pm or something.
-kkat

They arent the new golds, niether the el or the vx. How would i know if my mobo was compatable?

Time to get a new motherboard. I was able to get it too boot at 2-2-2-5 @ 230 but since i did not have enough volts it decided to crash on me.

huey said:
Time to get a new motherboard. I was able to get it too boot at 2-2-2-5 @ 230 but since i did not have enough volts it decided to crash on me.

If you decide to get new mobo then get DFI NF4 Ultra-D, they can do up to 4V for DRAM.

Back