• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

watercooling done!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avro

finally finished my long watercooling project took a few months to buy parts and wait and set them up. but its done.
my 2500+ went from 2.4 -> 2.7 temps stay at 40C
Parts:
Clearflex 60 1/2"
Eheim 1250
DTek WW
dtek res
BIX2

Athlon XP-M 2500+
Asus A7n8x-e deluxe
OCZ pc3200 platinum EL 1gb
radeon 9250(temp got a new 6600gt coming)

some pics.

avs_case.jpg

inside shot
inside.jpg

front of case
front.jpg

back of rad
back_of_rad.jpg

d-tek whitewater
waterblock.jpg

so many wires
wires!.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

Not to be picky or critical (cause I dont know squat yet)....but the 4th picture seems to show that your line (tubing) is flattening out or kinking at the turn (as it comes into the radiator). I think you will get better results if you can improve that kink in some way. I am just begining my foray into water coling and I am not an expert (actually just a novice) but I have been reading many/a lot of the stickies and posts in the water cooling section....Some one else who has better knowledge than I, please explain this concept for all of our collective edification. EDIT: I forgot to say GOOD JOB ...it looks great

yea, it does look like its flattening from that shot. you could fix it with some zipties every inch or so, or get some swiftech coolwhatevers, that go around the tubing and prevent flattening and kinking. good eye rdrash

no thats just the bad picture it really is round.

ok, i like the green dye in the tubing. my setup should be done by the end of the month, ive been lazy, and ill make sure to post picks of it. i love the cm stacker case! are you silencing your ehiem 1250 with that padding? mine seems to vibrate a tiny bit, and im thinking that egg cartpn material will silence it really nice.

Avro said:
no thats just the bad picture it really is round.

Ok sorry to have caused you any concern or frustration...MY BAD, guess it is just an optical illusion from the angle. The case is very nice by the way. :)

rdrash said:
Ok sorry to have caused you any concern or frustration...MY BAD, guess it is just an optical illusion from the angle. The case is very nice by the way. :)

got me all worried, had to double check it.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
ok, i like the green dye in the tubing. my setup should be done by the end of the month, ive been lazy, and ill make sure to post picks of it. i love the cm stacker case! are you silencing your ehiem 1250 with that padding? mine seems to vibrate a tiny bit, and im thinking that egg cartpn material will silence it really nice.

yea without the foam the whole case vibrates and bugs me.

im gonna be having my ehiem 1250 rocking outside of my case, cause my case is too tiny to fit watercooling! in reality, everything but the blocks will be outside of my case, i need a chieftec dragon.

that would work too, but arent those like 100+ bucks? being on the evertightening budget im on, a chieftec dragon at 60 would be way more achievable. one thing i dont see, the maze4 gpu cooler? i love the looks of the maze4.

lol kinda killed my 6600gt so i got mad and decided to keep it out of the loop.

Avro said:
lol kinda killed my 6600gt so i got mad and decided to keep it out of the loop.

Why? As CCUABIDExORxDIE can affirm that block will work with your graphics card. CCUABIDExORxDie...Please comment here

Back