• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 questions, 1. where to add 2nd hc 2.can pump handle it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hung

i wanted to add a 2nd hc somewhere but im not sure where
i have a maze 4 cpu, gfx, and chipset, one dual 120mm heatercore, but i dont no where to put it, can you guys give me some examples of how i should have my flow

and second question, after i add a hc, will my swiftech mcp650 be able to handle all of it?

1) Set up your flow so you use the least ammount of tubing. Order will make no noticable difference as long as everything is run in series.
2) yes

If you want suggestions of where to put stuff, I think it'd help to give some more info (case you have/current setup) or better yet, pictures.

You really do need to give some more info like pics and/or at least drawings so your setup can be visualized. It makes it a lot better when it comes to trying to give recommendations.

longer bolts

The_WRATH said:
i wanted to add a 2nd hc somewhere but im not sure where
i have a maze 4 cpu, gfx, and chipset, one dual 120mm heatercore, but i dont no where to put it, can you guys give me some examples of how i should have my flow

and second question, after i add a hc, will my swiftech mcp650 be able to handle all of it?

If you got longer bolts you could have them run through the cores back to back if they do not conflict with other things, even a supply fan and discharge fan. Cross connect the cores.

fan-->core---> core--> fan--->

I stacked two side by side cross connected with a fan on each...{externally. in a simple frame, and that takes good pump power]

Stacking cores is a bad idea. BillA proved (I don't have the link) that two stacked single120 rads was less efficient than one single120. Running them on independant fans will be the most efficient way. All of this changes, however, when you enter the realm of blowers.

Also, push pull doesn't help very much if any so don't waste money/time. It just makes things louder. Just get a nice 120x38 high-pressure axial fan, delta/sanyo/etc, and run it in pull.

Put a Y spliter on tubing from outlet of Pump and connect to both radiators, this way pump will pump water through both radiators at once, you can use one radiator to cool cpu and the other radiator to cool gfx and chipest. For the inlet to the pump run another Y connector with T connector. This will only work if you have waterblocks that work well with low flow. Pump should be fine for that challenge

hmm, i dont no about that, wouldnt that cause some pressure problems?
cause if i had a 1/2" ID shouldnt i have to split the flow in half so i dont get any pressure probs? lol

series > parallel unless you can keep tubing increadibly short. Even then, almost every block today is designed for high pressure which you lose going parallel. If you must, only put the rads in parallel and the rest of the loop in series.

Back