• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What has anyone achieved with 925xe and Corsairs 5400UL?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

StrateJaket

I'm just curious to see what others have achieved speed wise with this combo. Operating frequency, and maybe some sandra bandwidth. I've noticed that the 955 chipset seems to run this ram alot faster. So far I've only achieved 560mhz and a bandwidth of 4758 in sandra..

Ughhh maybe I'm reading this wrong, but 580mhz is almost 100mhz under the rated speed....Youl need to set your divider like 3:5 or something.

I know it is slower than rated speed, but when I try to get it any faster it only slows down. I'm stuck on trying to get it any faster. Is it possible to set the divider manually on asus boards?

Yes, you can manually set the memory ratio. But, Asus don't usually list the ratios out like 1:1 and 3:4. Post what your available options are and maybe we can figure it out. With my Abit AA8XE running at the 3:4 ratio, it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling seeing those impressive memory speeds, but it don't seem to give me that much more performance. A little bit, but I was expecting more I guess.

batboy said:
With my Abit AA8XE running at the 3:4 ratio, it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling seeing those impressive memory speeds, but it don't seem to give me that much more performance. A little bit, but I was expecting more I guess.

i can relate to this as ive never gotten a single bit of performance from running my memory faster than my system buss speeds. nary a 3dmark, aquamark, superpi times from 1m to 32m, fps in games all stay the same, couldnt encode any thing faster or anything like that. :shrug: i did find that it would raise my sandra scores slightly but in all honesty sandra is the least important bench of them all imho and i only ran that because i was looking for something to point at and say "heres a reason to run the memory faster than the rest of the system"

Hawtrawkr obviously has gotten similar results as me. I think we can conclude that having RAM at this point that can run faster than DDR2-667 is probably not necessary. It's more important to get tight timings using the 1:1 ratio than to run relaxed timings at a faster than FSB speed like the 3:4 ratio.

To get back to the title of the topic... "What has anyone achieved with 925xe and Corsairs 5400UL?" I'm guessing you won't get much more than DDR2-800. Not many of the AA8XE boards can go above 300 FSB and be stable. I don't know of anyone that has gotten the 2:3 ratio to work right. I was able to get a screen shot of my KHX PC2-5400 running at 300 FSB using the 3:4 ratio for DDR2-800, although it wasn't completely stable.

You will probably need to get one of the new i955X chipsets if you want super high FSB speeds and/or super high RAM speeds for bragging rights.

I'm not worried about braggin rights. I just want everything running as fast as it can without damage to itself, in order to get the best overall performance. Thanks for the input guys..

Back