• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

When did Newegg turn into Neweggforums.com?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steveo989

Not officially involved with AAR
The product reviews aren't scanned anymore or something. Now it's all people asking questions about a product. I dunno, are their screeners getting lazy? :rolleyes:

I was noticing this to. In the reviews people are like "If I buy this will it overclock good?"

Thank you for taking the time to post your messages. We actually do screen the reviews that are submitted to Newegg. Although, it may become difficult to successfully screen all product reviews because we receive on average of about 1000 submissions per day. Therefore, it is quite possible that reviews like the one that you described may tend to get by us.

We will continue to pre-screen the reviews, and hopefully we will not post any inappropriate reviews in the future.

Thank You!

Newegg Customer Support

for some reason I doubt you have anything to do with newegg. Considering you don't let us see your email.

These posts sure as hell are not being screened since these type of Q&A product reviews are turning up everywhere on the site. I also don't think you are from newegg because you have been registered for 5 days and OC.com has been sponsored far longer than that. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I challenge you to call Newegg at 800-390-1119. My direct extension number is 2050. My name is Jason and my email address is [email protected].

if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly.

Poly15 said:
Why would anyone act like they were someone from newegg?

Ask yourself the same question as to why somone from newegg would pop up in OCforums out of nowhere and start replying to all the newegg crap up for grabs.

Newegg Support said:
I challenge you to call Newegg at 800-390-1119. My direct extension number is 2050. My name is Jason and my email address is [email protected].

if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly.

I doubt anyone cares enough to take your "challenge". Just dont hide your email addy in your account settings

:santa:

We are new here, and we care about what our beloved customers have to say about Newegg. More importantly, this gives our customers a chance to let us know about any issues that may have slipped through the cracks. We want to help each and every customer of ours; with any situation that may emerge. You may feel free to PM me here as well. Any tips that you can give us about these forums would greatly be appreciated.

I didn't mean to say challenged. Just want you all to know that Newegg is here and I am a real representative. If you need any assistance with anything, please feel free to let us know via OCforums. We are not here to invade in anyone's space, so if we are not welcomed then we understand.

Thank You
Jason, Newegg Customer Support

Intersting, perhaps you sould hire some more people to screen reviews. Some product's ratings are really getting thrown off by simple questions and people give 5 star ratings.

Nice, first time I've seen Newegg Support on the forums... now we got someone to complain to if our stuff doesnt work lol or maybe even DIIISSCCOUUNNNTTSSSS?!?!?!?!:D

On the contrary, I think it would be very beneficial to the customer if there was a free forums for customers to post questions and get tech pointers from fellow NewEgg customers. I know that would be a huge undertaking as far as moderating/adminning and making it link seamlessly to the site, but I think it would make NewEgg very unique in that it would have it's own community of customers helping eachother out.

To kick things off, they could even offer newegg points to customers that participate which can be put toward a small discount after so many accumulate.

Just a little idea.

Guys let's welcome Jason to OC Forums, let's not immediately disbelieve him. It is a very good thing IMO for newegg to stick around and gather some feedback. Anyway, welcome Jason!

I agree with nikhsub1, and further more I would like to say that I have taken up Jason's challenge and found it to be true. So, cut the "This is a person just trying to get posts" junk and give our new member a proper welcoming.
As such:
:welcome: To the forums Jason!

Newegg Support said:

He is from Newegg. Tony420, lots of people hide their e-mail address in their profile. You should lighten up on the guy. He is who he says he is.
:welcome: Newegg Support to O/cforums

Tony420 said:
I doubt anyone cares enough to take your "challenge". Just dont hide your email addy in your account settings

I did, that's my job.

This is first time I have ever seen a Newegg rep at any forum, it's nice to see Newegg send reps to larger forums, another reason Newegg is the King. ;)

Newegg Support said:
We are not here to invade in anyone's space, so if we are not welcomed then we understand.

Thank You
Jason, Newegg Customer Support

You have been :welcome: (if not wanted/needed) here for a long time now. I just want to thank you in advance, for any future help you may give any members here.

I like any vendor who goes into the trenches and takes the time to offer that extra mile of support. Newegg.com =:attn:

I have an idea. Instead of ignoreing the problem perhaps there is a way both parties can win. Maybe newegg can give US a discount if we anwser their questions about products on their website.

It woudlnt cost them very much and we know what we are talking about enough that it would help them greatly.

Yes, WELCOME TO THE FORUMS

It is nice to see a rep from the place where 60% of my monthly income goes to... :) :welcome:

Sentential said:
I have an idea. Instead of ignoreing the problem perhaps there is a way both parties can win. Maybe newegg can give US a discount if we anwser their questions about products on their website.

It woudlnt cost them very much and we know what we are talking about enough that it would help them greatly.
hehe that sounds awsome!

btw - question for you jason :)
is it true that as item popularity goes up, so does the price?
and another :welcome: to the forums!

Last edited:
Back