• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me get 4x512 up higher

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HousERaT

Senior Air Extraordinaire
I'm using 4 sticks of PQI TCCD ram on my San Diego. I've got the system running 2T at 210fsb with 2.5-3-3-5 timings 2.6v..... If I go up to 215 the system won't boot up past the bios. Since I'm no expert with TCCD on the NF4 platform maybe you folks can help a guy out..... ;)

This is what everything looks like. Let me know if you see something that can be improved upon. Thanks.

Attachments

• 4x512ram.JPG
    4x512ram.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 94
I would suggest upping the timings along with voltages, try 2.5-4-3-7 at 2.8V (if you decide to go higher make sure you have some active cooling like an 80mm fan blowing from above cause these TCCD can get hot) and if that dosn't work to well then go with 2.5-4-4-8. You should be able to get more out of your memory since the new Venice and San Diego cores have really good mem controllers.

For optimum performance try these settings:
CPC: Enable
TCL: 2.5
TRCD: 4
TRAS: 7
TRP: 3/4 IF NOT STABLE
TRC: 11
TRFC:22 OR 20
TRRD: 2/3 IF NOT STABLE
TWR: 2/3 IF NOT STABLE
TWTR: 2/3 IF NOT STABLE
TRWT: 2/3 IF NOT STABLE
TREF: 3120 GO UP IF NOT STABLE
TWCL: 1
BANK INTER: ENABLE
DYN SKEW AUTO: INCREASE
SKEW VALUE: 255
DRAM STRENGTH: 7
DRAM DATA: 3
MAX ASYNC: 8NS
READ PREMBLE: 5NS
IDLE CYCLE: 256
DYNAMIC COUNTER: ENABLE
R/W: 16X
BYPASS MAX: 7X
32 BIT GRAN: DISABLE

there must be something else going on why I can't go above 210. I tried all the timings and voltages above. I even went to 3-4-4-8 2.9v with all the other timings relaxed. Nothing changes, as I can get into bios but it won't go any further.

Back