• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1st time watercooling.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cytrix

Hello,

I'm considering taking watercooling for my pc, because it's silent, I like having my PC as cool as I can and I like overclocking, ofcourse people will say I've to make a custom kit so that's what I'm doing,but since I'm having ZERO experience with watercooling I want to ask you for some advice. :rolleyes:
I'm only interested in cooling the CPU and GPU.
My PC specs are the following:
AMD 3500+ S939
XFX 6800GT
A8N-SLI Deluxe S939
I think that's enough to know since those are the parts I will be using to get that kit working.
I'm having about $300-400 to spend (I think that's enough to get a good cooling kit) :shrug:
I don't have a lot space in my case but having some external parts won't be a problem :).

I was trying to put a kit together on my own but al those Tubing sizes confuses me and I'm scared that it won't fit and everything's screwed, that's why I actually wanted a complete kit but that won't perform well I read on the forums. I did got interested in this tough for the videocardDangerden

I hope I have informed you enough, if not you can always ask.
I'm not realy sure to buy a watercooling kit since the R520 also got me interested ( 16 year old boy who wants to discover things and is stacking shelves ) but a watercooling kit would be very cool and I can always buy an upgrade later since I'm very happy with my current specs:D

Thank you

Problem is that -here-, people mostly exchange experience about air cooling, so you won't get that much response.
So I'd suggest you checking stickies in water cooling subforum and then making post there or asking mod to move this thread. You'll get much more replies there and they willbe by people who know stuff and are up to date with current WC technologies.

Well you may want to look at my sig and check that link.. i recently built my watercooling loop.. and its working out killer for me

The NV-68 is a decent block for the 6800GT but its gonna need a good pump because i think it is a very restrictive block

i always suggest get the individual parts you want, they will perform better and the only difference is they come in individual boxes, you'll still be doing the same amount of work.

and when you've settled on the parts you can post here and we'll help guide to if you need to modify your plan at all, espeacially tubing.

Whatever you do, don't do the same error that I did; don't buy a Koolance. Dangerden or Swiftech is much better, my prefered being Dangerden because you can make "all copper" loops. Trust me when I say that the painted "gold coated" copper of the Koolance waterblocks, mixed with aluminium radiators and chipset/vga waterblocks, start a chemical reaction when the paint goes off on the copper. A chance the water did not touch my 3000$ components...

Back