• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ebay, I got ripped off.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steveo989

Not officially involved with AAR
I ordered a working laser. I recieved the item and it had a torn laser ribbon cable. Not the one that connects it to the PS2's mainboard. Anyway, I returned the item and a week later the seller says it wasn't his, he won't replace it. I left negative and also contacted paypal. Any other help on what to do. :shrug:

No, why would I take pictures. I was assuming their would be some serial number at their warehouse. Plus I have had perfect payments on my credit card so I may have to contact Capital One next.

I would contact my credit card company and have a stop payment done.
In regards to your "why would I take pictures?", there is a thing called burden of proof. Always keep copies of receipts and evidence when in a dispute.

gl

If i get a negative that's just gonna be icing on the cake because I made within 2 minutes of the buy it now option. I also only requested the actual price of the item, because I relaize the seller spent his money on shipping so I didn't want the shipping back.

Yes, but it is a painful task to get it removed and you need to pay a service fee or something.

Is it against policy to leave a negative feedback in retaliation, that's what a seller did to me. I a so ****ing pist.

If you haven't already done so call up your credit card company immediately and tell them to put a stop payment on your order. They will then start an investigation as to the problem. But as long as you tell them you got an item that was faulty and not as advertised and how you sent it back you should be ok.

Steveo989 said:
Is it against policy to leave a negative feedback in retaliation, that's what a seller did to me. I a so ****ing pist.

Against policy or not, it happens. What irks me to no end is the sellers not leaving the buyer a Positive Eval upon payment. Often, Ebay scumbags only leave you a eval AFTER you leave them a positive.

There are legit reasons for sellers to wait on fb, mainly with international sales where delivery confirmation isn't an option so the only way to know the widget was received is if the buyer leaves fb or contacts the seller (which almost never happens). Buyers can also try to pull one over by filing bogus disputes. Waiting until item receipt to leave FB also gives the seller and buyer a chance to work out any problems that may have arisen (shipping damage, missing parts, etc).

Also, some sellers only leave FB in batches every few weeks if they have a high volume of sales. I know sometimes I can't get to ebay every day.

Back