• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.5-2-2-4 @ 220mhz = WTF?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

apu318

Disabled
Welland: Most drug use per capita in Canada.
I was screwin around with a64 tweaker and I don't think it's working right because I've set my ram to 1.5-2-2-4 @ 220mhz on 3v. This obviously isnt right but I have screenies of it. My ram is 2x512mb of Mushkin 222 Special BH-6. I'm using 3 volts.

There's the latest CPUZ shot. I guess that explain's why my ram is hitting 230 so easily. It can do around 240 with 2-2-2-5. With A64 tweaker I can still get the RAS# to CAS# to 4, is this normal? One more odd thing it that my cpu hit 2.3ghz with no voltage increase AT ALL. I always needed like 1.55v to get this.. so I think there's some black magic goin on.

Not sure I am following you here. Are you worried that tweaker isn't working or that cpu-z isn't working? 1.5 is not too rare of a setting these days so go with it, your BIOS won't recognize it but in windows you can bench with it as long as your pc will stay stable.

BH-6 the ram you have is basically the early version of BH-5 and is great stuff. Mine will run 230 with 3.1v on a chip that absolutely hates FSB without a problem.

Also people have goofed around and had BH-5 running at cas 1.5 since the days of 1700 tbredB's.

I'm really surprised my stuff does this. I can get it 3D stable at 240mhz 2-2-2-5 with 3.2v. I wish I could tweak my 3v rail for more.. but no dice. What does tras do and why should it be 10? I don't know much about memory tweaking other than the 2-2-2-5 basics.

u have some bada** ram. bh6 is made with a larger process than the newer dies. it can take tremendous voltage and ramp up to 250/260 + with 3.4 3.5 volts. and will probably last lomger at those voltages..

wannaoc said:
Not sure I am following you here. Are you worried that tweaker isn't working or that cpu-z isn't working? 1.5 is not too rare of a setting these days so go with it, your BIOS won't recognize it but in windows you can bench with it as long as your pc will stay stable.

But why? The memory controller will still recognize it as CAS 2 regardless of whether you set it to 1.5 or 2 in the BIOS.

OverclockedMan said:
But why? The memory controller will still recognize it as CAS 2 regardless of whether you set it to 1.5 or 2 in the BIOS.

Then why do you get a small boost in performance doing it then? If you look at the really big names in overclocking with BH-5 or UTT ram they run it at cas1.5 becuase its a performance boost.

El<(')>Maxi said:
BH-5/6 will do very tight timings on A64. Try TRAS 3 for a little more kick in performance.

271x1132mbPI.jpg
I lost performance going from tRAS 5 to tRAS 10. I'm sure CAS 1.5 improves performance over CAS 2.0.

speed bump said:
Then why do you get a small boost in performance doing it then? If you look at the really big names in overclocking with BH-5 or UTT ram they run it at cas1.5 becuase its a performance boost.

must have to do with it running out of the procs specs because the way its designed it can only recognize certain settings....it's a very good question but i do remember the spec sheet being pointed out dealing with cas1.5 in a previous thread.

Btw, I also lost performance going from tRAS 5 to tRAS 3. I'm 99% sure that CAS 1.5 exists, despite AMD's tech docs omitting it. AMD has been coy about stuff like this before too.

Back