• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Serious Noob to water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aidenswarrior

I have come across some extra money recently, about $700 from my new job and I know absolutely nothing about water cooling other than it is better than air cooling in most cases. What do you think would be a reasonable budget? maybe $250? Idk. can someone help me get a good setup for my comp? (specs are in my sig)

You can get a good setup for $250. I really would suggest spending some time reading the stickies and then searching for others who have posted the same kind of question. You need to get a feel for what you are looking for as far as performance vs. silence goes, and what will work with your case.

definitely spend some time reading, lots of good information here. If you don't see it in the stickies, use the search feature, because 99% of the answers to the questions you'll have are already here.

Before recommending a setup, people will also need to know what you want to cool and how much space you have (what case you are using).

Acurax said:
definitely spend some time reading, lots of good information here. If you don't see it in the stickies, use the search feature, because 99% of the answers to the questions you'll have are already here.

Before recommending a setup, people will also need to know what you want to cool and how much space you have (what case you are using).

i have a lianli pc-65 case and room is not an issue.

look around for parts, im trying to piece together a setup for just my CPU right now and im gonna come close to 150$ primarily because danger den let me know the TDX water block i got for my socket T just needs a new Acetal top and ill be set to go for my new Socket A setup, which constitutes to a brand new 40$ block to 10$'s for just a new top.

Back