• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me OC my AA8XE Please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mycotopian

I am just getting one long beep anytime I try and up the FSB on my AA8xe.

Rig is

AA8xe
p4 3.2 (sl7pw)
OCZ Rev.2 DDR2 pc24200
Bluestorm PSU
x800xt

This rig should be getting to 4 gig no problem WTF??

It's a RAM conflict. Same thing happened to me when I first tried using that OCZ EB rev 2 also. You need to update the BIOS. That will fix the problem. Trouble is, you will need to use different RAM in order to boot so you can do the BIOS update. Can you borrow DDR2 RAM from a friend?

if I leave everything at default it boots just fine. As soon as I move the fsb up to even 220 it just gives me one long beep. I updated the bios about a month or two ago because I couldnt boot at all. Have they released an even newer bios? BTW I pulled this bios chip from an aa8 duramax and dropped it into this aa8xe. Shouldnt be a problem , right?

I thought it wouldn't boot at all. Runs ok default, but won't O/C, huh? The AA8 Duramax is an i925X chipset and the AA8XE is an i925XE chipset. There is a little bit of difference. Not sure how much. The last BIOS update is version 22 at the end of March.

You may have done this already, but if you haven't, have you locked your AGP/PCI bus? If you haven't done that yet that's what might be causing you to lose stability above 220MHz. I've done that a couple of time wondering why my OCs wouldn't work only to find out its something so simple :bang head

Back