• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About flippin' time...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wonder if the heatsink mounting holes are the same as the AA8XE? I would like to assume since it's socket LGa775 that it would be the same. Hmmm, it's been 6 months since I upgraded...

Batboy this would be in your better interests if you arent above 300FSB on your 925XE. These i955X have a long history of going well above 340 without too much fuss.

My P5WD2 can break 310 with 1.5v (BIOS max is 1.65)

I would think that since the socket hasn't changed it won't change the mounting holes. Personally I'll wait till that drops to the 160$ range before I by a 955chipset. Most likely this time next year I'll go dual core and 955

Currently, I can only do about 291 FSB completely stable. I sure would love to do 315 FSB. This mobo would also be a good upgrade path for a future dual core.

batboy said:
Currently, I can only do about 291 FSB completely stable. I sure would love to do 315 FSB. This mobo would also be a good upgrade path for a future dual core.
Also be sure to check how many phase(s) the FETs are on this. You need atleast 4 for good vcore stability.

My asus has 4 and the Gigabyte had 8. Eventho the gigabyte had more phases with the DPS installed, its vcore still drooped lower

Sentential said:
Also be sure to check how many phase(s) the FETs are on this. You need atleast 4 for good vcore stability.

My asus has 4 and the Gigabyte had 8. Eventho the gigabyte had more phases with the DPS installed, its vcore still drooped lower

On a side note. It appears ALL AW8-MAX FET's come sinked STOCK!!! I find that feature to be "Why hasn't anyone done this before???" ish :)

Asus sinks one set of fets on there 900 series boards it seems. Why not the rest of them...

It looks killer, makes me want to go Abit again. Silent otes just look so tempting :drool: and innovative as well. I give Abit alot of credit and respect for it. The only thing that makes this board weak, is the lack of a second pci-e like the Asus premium 955 have. :bang head Looking forward to the first reviews.. :attn:

Curious, but I thought that Intel had SLI now, why didn't they make this SLI?

Prolly a n00b question, but I am curious.

Elif Tymes said:
Curious, but I thought that Intel had SLI now, why didn't they make this SLI?

Prolly a n00b question, but I am curious.
Intel does not have SLI. Asus was able to do semi-SLI by re-allocating PCI-E slots to create one 16X and one 4X slot.

I need links to AW8 reviews. Thought I had a couple bookmarked, but when I decide to read them, they were just press release info. The Abit forum even seems to be devoid of info.

I have determined there are two Abit i955X models: AW8 and AW8 Max. The Max version adds RAID, firewire, and dual LAN to the mix. Don't know what the price difference will be yet

Back