• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DIY watercooling: almost done.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noxqzs

This is a semi-update before the last part of my DIY watercooling project.
(previous update: http://home.comcast.net/~noxqzs/wbproject/cpuwb.html)

Im hoping to get enough time this weekend to take my pc apart and start mounting everything. I finally have everything I need, with the exception of time. Since my last update, I finished making the mount for the cpu. I will get into more details later, but basically its an Intel mounting bracket from a stock heatsink. No screws to hold down. While I was butchering old parts, I decided to throw in an old AthlonXP heatsink into the mix and let it cool the Northbridge.

cpumount.jpg

Another issue I had to make a decision on was: reservoir or T'line. I like the compactness of the T-line, but find a reservoir much easier to bleed and maintain. From the beginning, I tried to make it as small as possible, with the idea of bleeding haunting the back of my mind.

reservoir.jpg

If it didn't bleed noticeably better than a T-line, I was going to scrap the idea. To my surprise, the system bled out in the time it took me to go upstairs and boil a pot of water. Another pleasant surprise was that it was running quieter than my EHEIM 1250.

The preliminary leaktest with mild UV. I was hoping on getting a light blue hue, is that possible and with what dyes/compounds?

leaktest.jpg

looks pretty darn good. i like when the UV lights make the tubing/liquid change colors like that

on my intel rig before the tubing had a slight green tint but when i turned my lights on it was like BAM, solid glowing green with delight.

heres a PIC, before i parted out my rig.

attachment.php

Back