• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone recommend a good waterblock for Intel LGA 775?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hyperasus

Can someone recommend a good waterblock for Intel LGA 775? I have a koolance 300 but it requires a spacer to work with my Asus P5WD2.

quite a few people here would probably recommend the swiftech MCW6000/6002. if you get the 775 version, one edge is "stepped" up slightly to clear the lever. is that why you needed the spacer?

Completely LOVE my 6002 on the 775. It's 84*F here, n i got the windows open and a fan in my room going, and my cpu is in the mid to upper 30*C.

:D
Running on an ABIT AG8, with a 550 @ a modest 3.8, I'm a wuss :p

03.jpg

Thanks guys. That swiftech looks like its exactly what I'm looking for. I think I'll pick one up.

i vote for Danger Den TDX, i had it on my system before and i also like the fact that danger den made the base copper plate kinda "universal" b/c im gonna order a new 10$ acetal top and now its gonna go on my AMD XP-M

---------------------

:EDIT:

heres a pic of my TDX when i was parting out my P4 setup

attachment.php

I am currently using a 6002 and would recommend it any time. Great cooling, easy to use, and good looking. Not quite as good looking as those silver tdx blocks but much cheaper.

Also Slayer2003 it loks like your block is setup backwards. You should really consider running the block following the raidiator not the pump. It should give you better temps.

wannaoc said:
Also Slayer2003 it loks like your block is setup backwards. You should really consider running the block following the raidiator not the pump. It should give you better temps.

With me mounting the rad outside the case as I did, it wouldn't let me without major cutting up of the case, as the inlet line pushed my pci-e card at a rather bad angle. I was afraid it would have been too much force on it, so, i did it this way. Not too worried about a few degrees with this huge arse hc. :)

As it currently is, it's hitting the corner of the card just enough to bring it down just a bit, but it's alot better than running it the *right* way. :p

wannaoc said:
I am currently using a 6002 and would recommend it any time. Great cooling, easy to use, and good looking. Not quite as good looking as those silver tdx blocks but much cheaper.

The temp of the coolant changes less than 1C as it flows through the loop. Therefore, the order of the components does not matter. The temperature of the coolant is typically 5C-10C above the temperature of the air flowing through the radiator. That temp delta between the air and water is what allows the rad to dissipate heat to the air.

I would recommend the Swiftech MCW-600x series block; it's a nice design that performs well at a variety of flow rates.

Where is the best place to buy swiftech waterblocks? Actually where is the fastest place to get one I need one now?

On sidewindercomputers.com I see a 6002 that will fit 775. My stuff is all 3/8 tubing. Does swiftech have a 6000 that fits 775 or am I going to need to get an adapter for the 6002?

Swiftech does have the 6000 with 775 mounting hardware, but you're right, it's not listed on sidewinder. Their MCW6000-A (for Athlon XP) has the same block according to the chart on sidewinder, so you could get that and get the mounting kit separately for the 775. that's like an extra $10 though...

maybe someone knows of another site that would carry the right kit. frozencpu does, but is out of stock at the moment

I am ok with paying the extra $10 so long as you are certain those two blocks are the same. I don't know why I haven’t checked out swiftechs products before. I have been looking on their site and they have some cool stuff for water cooling. Their reservoir/pump that fits into a 5.25 bay looks quite nifty.

according to sidewinder, they are the same. check the chart about halfway down the page here. (that's the page for the 6002, but the charts are the same).

there are only 2 versions of the actual block - flat and "stepped". so as long as you got the stepped one with the right mounting hardware it would work on a 775 :)

My vote goes to Danger Den TDX, the different accelerator nozzles allow for fine tuning per say of your CPU cooling. Comes with 4 different accelerator plates and one blank one if you want to make a custom plate. You can change the top of the block to Lucite, brass and I think coppersilver.. I am impressed with the build quality, along with the spare O rings\gaskets. Very nice lapping job as well. IMO it's the best water block on the market.

Back