• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

heatercore water in-/outlet. up or bottom

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freshy98

Maybe this is discussed before, but can't find any answers atm.

What I want to know is, is there a real difference wether you have your in-/outlet on the heatercore positioned on the top or the bottom when the heatercore is placed vertically in the case?

The problem could be that air might get stuck inthe top of the heatercore when the in-/outlet's are at the bottom. At least, that is my first idea.
It could ofcourse be that after bleeding the system the air is completly gone. I could ofcourse also not screw the heatercore/fan combo to the case and place it with the in-/outlet on the top and bleed till it's done....

The idea is to use only a T-line in thise case.

Anyone got ideas on this, please respond!

Shouldn't matter at all. Just make sure you bleed the system, and it will be fine. Just mount it in what ever position is the easiest for you.

Like you said, common sense says that if the outlets are at the bottom, air is going to lodge in the top. However, if you are willing to wait until all of the air is bled out, you can put it in any position you want. i would put the outlets on top if it was not hard to do. If it is going to be a major pain to route tubing, then it might be better to put the outlets on the bottom. You could also consider drilling a hole in the top end tank if you put the outlets on the bottom and make a bleeder hole and then use a screw with an o-ring to seal it.

Drilling in a heatercore is something I would like to avoid.
Doing that in a case is no problem to me, but with a HC it's something else. I do not dare to try. I might screw up.

Anyways, thnx for both replies. I will see when I get my new case and do some measuring on how well everything fits, etc.

I will let it bleed for like 24 hours I think, depending a bit on how well it goes.

Had a mail today that my case will come next week at the shop, so I should start doing stuff the day after or so...
can't wait! :)

Back