• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Apple iPod Settlement ALERT SSS!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theMonster

Disabled
I got papers in the mail yesterday about the iPod settlement and it's a good thing too because on my trip to Niagara I've noticed that my iPod's battery doesn't last long at all on standby but is ok being played. The bad part is that I bought this G3 iPod like 2+ years ago and Apple wants the receipt in order to cover it under the settlement and replace the battery, I don't know about you guys but after a product is out of warranty, I toss the receipt. Luckily the manager at the Apple Store where I bought it from said that he can find the receipt in his database by looking up the serial # that they input whenever you buy. UNLUCKILY for those of you who bought theirs from Best Buy, NewEgg, CompUSA, Wal-Mart etc....you may be screwed. You can buy a replacement battery for $40 from a 3rd party vendor but you really should have yours replaced by Apple!!! IF you're one of those people, you can go to http://www.appleipodsettlement.com to view the documentation that Apple sent me in the mail. Good Luck.

NOICE!!!!!!!!!

I have hated my ipod's battery!!! It never works long enough, but now this is good news.

Do you think that if I bought my gen 3 iPod direct from apple.com that I would need a receipt? I tossed it a few days ago when I was cleaning my room. :(

You DO have to have the receipt and most people don't keep their receipts 2 or 3 years, that's why I thought Sam would be interested. You may be able to get a copy from Apple if you call them, if not you're SOL. I'm going to get my receipt today from the Apple store at the mall, I have to bring in my ipod so they can look up the serial number.

the Apple store had no problem at all looking up and printing out a copy of my receipt using the serial # from my iPod. Good luck to those of you who bought elsewhere.

Yep I got that too, I sent it via email a few days ago sweet deal. Also found out that my BB replacement plan had 8 days left so i got a new 4G ipod 20G vs my old 3G 10G.

Back