• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2x1GB Geil Value Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ciku

anybody using this? i have it and running it at 2.5-5-3-3 @ 2.75v and no problems... but how can i check if its stable? :) i need tips...

uhmn, memtest? 12-24 hours of primes blended test while running FAH?

even sisofts burn in wizard? other people will know more then me on this, shouldnt be too hard though

hmmm... cant reach higher speeds, still trying :)

Last edited:
I use Memtest,test 5 looped for 3 hours.If it passes i go up 1 mhz at a time until it fails.I will try different timings and voltage as well noting the ram MB/s score.I find that it will score about the same at each timing just before it fails.This is a good starting point as windows is less stable.I then boot windows at 7-10 less fsb and run prime for 4 hours,upping the fsb 1 at a time uintil it fails within two hours.I usually go back down two fsb and call it a day(or two or three).
To give an example, my ram passes memtest at 224 mhz but fails Prime at 220 within two hours.I have it set at 218x11.It will run prime for 24 hours and passes all benchmarks at that speed.I then usually do a repair install to be sure windows is OK.

shadowdr said:
I use Memtest,test 5 looped for 3 hours.If it passes i go up 1 mhz at a time until it fails.I will try different timings and voltage as well noting the ram MB/s score.I find that it will score about the same at each timing just before it fails.This is a good starting point as windows is less stable.I then boot windows at 7-10 less fsb and run prime for 4 hours,upping the fsb 1 at a time uintil it fails within two hours.I usually go back down two fsb and call it a day(or two or three).
To give an example, my ram passes memtest at 224 mhz but fails Prime at 220 within two hours.I have it set at 218x11.It will run prime for 24 hours and passes all benchmarks at that speed.I then usually do a repair install to be sure windows is OK.

great example of an informative post, with instructions and very helpful to boot.
thanks

Back