• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which motherboard is better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
First off, Welcome to the fourms man!!

IMO, I would go with the Abit over the Asus, simply because of the marketing problems that another member here in the forums with asus

you can read about it HERE

I currently have a Abit IS7 in my current rig and its a good, quality board......Id go with the abit

I've just made the swap from an Abit IC7 Max3 to a P4c800-e DLX (cause im going dothan) and i am very content about both.

Somehow, the abit feels beefier tho. But i like the asus bios better :)

ive owned both and the p4c800-e is better.......... if you dont mind droop modding it.

put both of them next to each other id probably recomend the ic7 over the p4c800-e for the simple fact of the p4c800s massive droop which alot of people dont want to deal with. someone who doesnt mind to do a little soldering and wants high fsb id highly recomend the p4c800-e as ive time and again gotten higher ocs out of the chipset than i have with the ic7/ic7-g (i know i know they both use the 875 chipset) with the asus i think ive had 3 out of 6 i could get over 300mhz with air and im probably like 1 for 4 on the ic7 series and thats not counting the 2 max3s that topped out around 270-280ish :rolleyes:

Sjaak said:
Somehow, the abit feels beefier tho. But i like the asus bios better :)

bah i hated moving over to the asus bios from the abit it seems like they dont want to tell you just what does what. the ratio for the memory is the source of many peoples questions when they cant find the 5:4 or 4:3 ratios people keep telling them to look for.

Back