• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the best *inexpensive* ram for running 1:1 with a 3000 Venice at 290-300+ fsb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zer0nix

What's the best *inexpensive* ram for running 1:1 with a 3000 Venice at 290-300+ fsb?

what's the best <cough>'inexpensive'<cough> ram for running 1:1 at 290-300+ fsb with a 3000 venice and a nf4-d (or some other excellent s939 overclocking mobo)? i'm looking to spend $50-100 for 512mb to a gig, respectively...

But if you have that kind of luck you're better off playing the lottery, then price won't matter.

I guess your best bet is to buy it incrimentally. Save up about $120-$140 for one 512 stick, then repeat.

zer0nix said:
what's the best <cough>'inexpensive'<cough> ram for running 1:1 at 290-300+ fsb with a 3000 venice and a nf4-d (or some other excellent s939 overclocking mobo)? i'm looking to spend $50-100 for 512mb to a gig, respectively...

My suggestion would be to run some UTT ram on a divider which will get you 300 HTT. My suggestion would be the TwinMOS Speed Premiums (BH-die). They run under $110 for a gig and they should get you to at least 245fsb (which will get you 300 HTT on a divider) as long as you give them some voltage. Plus they will go with low timings (2-2-2-X)

Your best bet would be this for $165 after MIR.

Thats the best bang for the buck you're going to find. Even with this it'll be a crap shoot if you get 300. I hit 270-280 stable on my set, since my venice can't do any better, I haven't tested beyond that.

Oh yeah, I paid $210 for the exact same s*#&%. Makes me a little upset thinking I bought this only a month ago :(

As mentioned above, fast ram capable of 300MHz clocks at 1:1 is not going to be found within your budget.

Your next best bet and a pretty good one at that thanks to the A64 architecture, is the use of dividers, as mentioned above.

Here is a link to a pretty decent, but brief guide on overclocking the A64 that touches, in part, on the use of the dividers. Give this a good read before you go making your ram purchase.

http://www.insanetek.com/index.php?page=overclocka64

Good luck and hope you have fun with your new setup when you get it all together.

Can't TCCD ram come close to that? I've been reading that 300mhz at 2.5-3-3-x is possible with TCCD and at reasonable voltages. You can get a 512 stick for $100 easily...a dual channel 1GB kit is only $158 shipped on eBay.

Back