• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this correct?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

big_dish

Ok, so I am close to building my WC'ing setup. I still need the Fans (which I just ordered), the fill-port, T-line, and some more tubing.

I just did a mock up in Photoshop to make sure that this is the way the hosing runs. Check it out. (I uploaded it just in case.)

water_setup1

Setup:
Chenming 901 Full Tower
DD12v-D4 pump
DD BIPII
2 Panaflo FBA12G12U 120mm Fans
DD TDX block for 775 - Lucite Top
Antec TruePower 550 PS
Clearflex 60 tubing

Attachments

• Water_setup1.jpg
    Water_setup1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 93
yup yup - thats exactly how you do it

also, make sure that the wide part of the TDX is the barb w/ the water going INTO it, and the skinny part has water coming out of it

Oh yeah, which waydo I have the fans blowing? Towards the Rad or towards the system?

big_dish said:
Oh yeah, which waydo I have the fans blowing? Towards the Rad or towards the system?
def towards the system. u certainly dont want to be moving warm air from the inside the system actross the rad. and in my experience, fans blowing toward a rad work a little better than fans sucking away from the rad. but what do i know

citronym said:
def towards the system. u certainly dont want to be moving warm air from the inside the system actross the rad. and in my experience, fans blowing toward a rad work a little better than fans sucking away from the rad. but what do i know
That's all a matter of opinion, try it both ways and go for what works best for you. I like to have my fans pulling air thru the rad but my current setup is in push config no difference in temps either way so far.

Sneaky said:
yup yup - thats exactly how you do it

also, make sure that the wide part of the TDX is the barb w/ the water going INTO it, and the skinny part has water coming out of it

i found that out the hard way when the gasket blew out of my block. lol

citronym said:

I will try it that way first, then check the temps, then check it the other way and see the temps.

Would this work (running 4 Panaflo Hydro Wave FBA12G12U)? Currently, I only will have 2 running, but I can get 2 more.

rad-fansetup.jpg

Back