• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's funny prices...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
RedlineMisprice.jpg

Which would you buy?

It's still like that... I mean, they could have a 5 year old kid checking that stuff over, and he's do a better job than whoever's dealing with the pricing right now. I feel like they don't even have someone looking over their stupid pricing. You can see that stupid stuff ALL OVER the refurb section.

g0dM@n said:
It's still like that... I mean, they could have a 5 year old kid checking that stuff over, and he's do a better job than whoever's dealing with the pricing right now. I feel like they don't even have someone looking over their stupid pricing. You can see that stupid stuff ALL OVER the refurb section.

You mean like this REFURBISHED: Hercules 3D Prophet III Titanium TI 500 64MB AGP DVI with Tv-Out - OEM (OEM, BAREBONE) Only $220!

I've always wondered where they get these prices.

SunRedRX7 said:
You mean like this REFURBISHED: Hercules 3D Prophet III Titanium TI 500 64MB AGP DVI with Tv-Out - OEM (OEM, BAREBONE) Only $220!

I've always wondered where they get these prices.

they could at least update the description for that "Enter the world of total game dominance. Dominate your game. Don’t assume to have the best in visual splendor and realism be absolutely sure. With the 3D Prophet III Titanium 500 you can enter the gaming arena knowing that the latest in 3D graphics technology is surging through your system. Power your PC with the Prophet and be one with the game.
"

might just be me but i dont think this has applied for the past 3 years.

GO NEWEGG!

I love that website, and its great deals, and its funny pricing... lol

When we sell refurbs at work we sell it at 80 to 90% of the price it was last sold on the system at. So the $220 card may have been sold at, say, $250 the last time it was on the system.

that 1GB Muskin price isnt too old...a 4-6 months ago that was the price of most 1GB DDR RAM.

Dude, I'm trying to show you how the 512mb is more expensive than the 2x512 kit of the same stuff!

David said:
When we sell refurbs at work we sell it at 80 to 90% of the price it was last sold on the system at. So the $220 card may have been sold at, say, $250 the last time it was on the system.

Yes, that's why I don't post that stuff, but they should upgrade it anyways. They should have someone run through the refurb section every week!

Sounds like a mission for the NEWEGG SUPPORT guy that just joined our forums, he could probably bring this issue up the next time he has meeting. I am assuming that management does not realize this, and that a "rule" for re-pricing the refurbs is being enforced withut thinking through the whole (new tech makes old tech worth less) thing.

Many of the folks who commented here, I saw you guys welcome the NEWEGG SUPPORT guy, anyone contacted him yet regarding the unusual pricing on certain refurb items????

We have a new resource (NEWEGG SUPPORT) lets use it to solve some of our issues.

NiTrO bOiE said:
I wonder what this is about... $2 more for a hard drive that offers 3x the capacity and 4x the cache...

lol0zf.jpg
Refurbs are always screwed up; not only that, but sometimes people don't want really big hard drives.

I have read and understood each and everyone’s comments. Rest assured that I have noted them all for consideration in the next upper management meeting. Please note that all of our pricing is determined by our Purchasing and Marketing departments, based upon how low of a price Newegg can get them for. If you are ever in question about any items pricing, please feel free to PM me with the item number and I will be sure to look into it accordingly.

I have forwarded the information to the appropriate departments for review. They will be sure to look into the situations, so that we can make the appropriate changes deemed necessary. We will be sure to look into the items mentioned within this thread, the refurbished section, and the overall price postings online.

Thank You all for the valuable feedback.

Best Regards,
Jason, Newegg Customer Support

Back