• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ocz plat rev2 v1.1 tcc5 results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
just got my set today 2x512
anyhow so far at 2.89vdimm they pass memtest 224 2.0-2-2-5
this normal? even for tccd?

ive not done any high speed testing yet but wanted to ask about this as i think its good as hell for such low voltage.
what voltage they stop responding at btw?

flapperhead said:
nice, my tccd stuff from pqi wont do that..
high fsb testing didnt fair so well tho.
254 2.5-3-3-5 2.9v was about its limits even looser timings didnt fair much better.

whats a max vdimm these should run? and where do they stop responding?

I use 2.7 or 2.8. Try 2.7, then 2.8. 2.9 seems a bit high. 2.7 did it for me at 275.

On a MSI K8N Neo2/3200 winney combo my set topped out at 216 with 2-2-2-5 timings and 2.65v. Add'l voltage didn't help. Max at 2.5-3-3-7 was 260 with 2.85v and max with relaxed timings of 2.5-4-3-8 (1T) was 283, also with 2.85v. I did not have the Booster installed at the time, so it may or may not respond to higher voltages.

The NF3 Neo2 (or at least mine) doesn't hit the same highs as the DFI NF4 so its possible that these would do better on another board. I'm satisfied, all in all, considering that I got this set, including shipping, for right at $140 from a forum member. I've got some sets of TCCD that have done a little better, but cost me close to $250 (when prices were higher). From my perspective, there's nothing wrong with TCC5 ("F" die), especially when you factor in the price.

well ty for the suggestions and i did some testing due to them.

im running 211 2.0-2-2-5 2.57v i didnt test higher with low timings as its all i need and i know i can at least do 224.

high fsb testing with lower voltages didnt help anything.so they respond better to higher voltages.ive seen upto 3.1v used by others ,think its too much?im activley cooled btw.

i have a stick of pqi 3200 tccd but just 1 but when tested if irc i didnt get anything beter than these did.and i think also i didnt get much over 215 with the tccd with low timings.

my plan is to hold onto them all as i will go 939 later with an X2 so i want as many options as i can have.
i have a dfi nf3 coming hopefully in the mail tomorow and ill test my utt with some high voltage.mabey ill gain some better high fsb with my tccd/tcc5

reefa i think i caught a taste of the bug that bit you :)

The sticks are warrantied up to 3.0 volts - I'd push them up more and see how well you fare. Also, change the timings 2.5-4-3-7 and you should get some more headroom :thup:

deception``

deception`` said:
The sticks are warrantied up to 3.0 volts - I'd push them up more and see how well you fare. Also, change the timings 2.5-4-3-7 and you should get some more headroom :thup:

deception``
im limited to 2.9vdimm with this chaintech but the dfi should be in tomorow with much higher vdimm options.
ill try those timings also then.i think some extra voltage will help them.
but i dont think ill see 300fsb until i get a nf4

deathstar13 said:
im limited to 2.9vdimm with this chaintech but the dfi should be in tomorow with much higher vdimm options.
ill try those timings also then.i think some extra voltage will help them.
but i dont think ill see 300fsb until i get a nf4

Agreed. Once you get the DFI I can help you with your timings. You should be able to pass PC4400 speeds at the least.

deception``

IrishAssassin said:
TCCD don't need that many volts to hit the high speeds. Try to loosen the timings a bit. 2.5-4-4-7 and go from there.
tried it and only gained mabey 3fsb more.

all my testing was done with just memtest #5 for speed testing.
but it may be the mobo doesnt like metest well at high fsb and may run well in windows despite what memtest says.

i know for a fact the mobo doesnt like being vdimm modded as i tried that agin today with my utt and new pc p+c psu and things start getting worse than better.

yeh ill look you up deception`` when i get the mobo installed.may not be tomorow as i have my daughter all day so ill be spending time with her and not my pc.

i have a feeling not being able to run high fsb is gonna push me into 939 faster than i planned.

btw guys have people been hitting the high fsb with nf3 mobos?

HousERaT said:
I'll just reiterate..... drop the voltage...... You shouldn't have to go beyound 2.7-2.8v to get to 250 2.5-3-3-7.[/url]

My OCZ PC 4800 (TCC5) did not begin to fly until I passed 2.8 volts. People would like to assume that all TCCD will clock well with low volts, but that just is not the case. And, for the record, we're trying to get him into high-HTT territory, not 250 2.5-3-3-7 :)

deception``

Interesting...... then can I assume that TCC5 needs a little more juice than the old TCCD?

deathstar,

What kind of cooling do you have? You absolutely need an 80mm fan blowing over those modules for VDimm >2.7V. Believe me, it will make a difference.

deathstar13 said:
reefa i think i caught a taste of the bug that bit you :)

My suggestion is that you drink plenty of fluids, get alot of rest and most importantly...give your credit cards to someone you can trust because the first two suggestions won't do squat to cure you. The last one won't cure you either, but it will reduce the pain to your wallet caused by the bug.

Remember that drinking song about 99 bottles of beer on the wall? Replace "bottles of beer" with "sticks of DDR" and you'll know just how bad it can get if left untreated.

HousERaT said:
Interesting...... then can I assume that TCC5 needs a little more juice than the old TCCD?

No. What you can assume, however, is that different modules will all react different; I just happen to speak from experience with OCZ El 3200 and PC 4800.

deception``

Super Nade said:
deathstar,

What kind of cooling do you have? You absolutely need an 80mm fan blowing over those modules for VDimm >2.7V. Believe me, it will make a difference.

I don't necessarily think this is true, either. I run my sticks without a fan, but my XP-90 does spill some airflow on the DIMM closest to my CPU socket (using slots 2 & 4).

deception``

Reefa_Madness said:
My suggestion is that you drink plenty of fluids, get alot of rest and most importantly...give your credit cards to someone you can trust because the first two suggestions won't do squat to cure you. The last one won't cure you either, but it will reduce the pain to your wallet caused by the bug.

Remember that drinking song about 99 bottles of beer on the wall? Replace "bottles of beer" with "sticks of DDR" and you'll know just how bad it can get if left untreated.
OH NOES!!! :)
well i have 3 types of ram to play with now. tccd,tcc5 and UTT and i use active cooling on them all.
just so you guys know. HousERaT-since you did the link im now useing a dfi nf3 754 mobo now.the 939 will happen later.
im assuming i can still try the settings on this one tho.
i will need some research on this bios as it has 12 gabillion settings

hopefully this mobo will have better results with high fsb running over my chaintechs results.

Back