• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are there any 1 Gig TCCD Ram Sticks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prominance

Registered
or they only come in 512 and 256? I wanna get 2 X 1 GB Ram that has decent timmings and couldpotentially overclock a decent amount, nothing to high. I have seen the OCZ 1GB Sticks that have 2-3-2-5 timmings as well as some PDP ram with the exact same timmings, and they say the voltage is 2.6V. I am wondering if any or both of these ram are TCCD and since those timmings are at 1T, wether I should be able to go to like 240 FSB on my Asus A8N SLI Deluxe even if I reduce the cas to 2.5?

those rams are all infenion or mosel chip based. if you want some 2x1gig sticks that will do ddr500, crucials ballistix is your only choice, and they are kinda steeply priced. whats ever you do, STAY AWAY FROM GIGARAM!

ha ha, ok. But any reason to not go with the infenion /mosel ram? I wanna get the OCZ Ram as the timmings look perfect and it runs low voltage, and it could potentially overclock upwards with looser timmings right? Why would I spend double on ram that is CAS3 at DDR500? Dont you think at Cas 3 speeds the OCZ/PDP will come close to DDR 466? Or am I missing something?

well, mosel chips and infenion chips usually hit around 240 2.5-4-4-8, iirc, but thats in 512mb form, not 1 gig form. Sure the timings look right, but thats only at ddr400, your gonna need to loosen 'em up quite a bit. Atleast with Crucial, you know your getting micron 5b-G's, and you KNOW they will hit ddr500 speeds, its no guessing game. and in real life, you see a minut difference when ocing your ram on an A64

I suggest getting 4 sticks of something instead of 2 1GB sticks. 1GB memory sticks are overpriced, and don't seem to perform in the same ballpark timing wise.

I am at DDR400 with them, but the popular Rev.2 Platinum OCZ sticks are doing fine at 2-2-2-5 in my P4P800 with 4 sticks+2GB. I searched for 2 1GB sticks, but found nothing affordable that could hit those timings. Plus, I know with relaxed timings I can get above 275FSB if I need to in the future.

Shane

If he's using a venice, san diego or X2, they will all handle 4x512 but at 2T. From what I've researched, the 1gb stick of ram won't overclock much at all. As mentioned, the best overclocking will be from 4x512mb but at 2T which from what I've also read, isn't a huge penalty loss.

Capt_Caveman said:
If he's using a venice, san diego or X2, they will all handle 4x512 but at 2T.
As will a Winchester.
There is another (trifling) consideration....
Gigabyte placed my DIMM slots as close together as physically possible.
Moving up to 4x512MB created a veritable brick of electronics which ran noticably warmer than 2x512MB.
Since I'm watercooled, the RAM didn't have the outflow from the CPU HSF to help it out and had I kept the second pair in (which I didn't cause I preferred to run at 1T), I prolly would have had to add some active cooling to the DIMM area.

clocker2 said:
As will a Winchester.
Moving up to 4x512MB created a veritable brick of electronics which ran noticably warmer than 2x512MB.
Since I'm watercooled, the RAM didn't have the outflow from the CPU HSF to help it out and had I kept the second pair in (which I didn't cause I preferred to run at 1T), I prolly would have had to add some active cooling to the DIMM area.

I thought with a Winchester, running 4 dimms, dropped the ram speed down to 333mhz? While the newer memory controllers don't suffer that penalty and keep the ram speed at 400?

Capt_Caveman said:
I thought with a Winchester, running 4 dimms, dropped the ram speed down to 333mhz? While the newer memory controllers don't suffer that penalty and keep the ram speed at 400?

I've been trying to get 4 sticks to run well with both a Venice and a San Diego. Couldn't get 4 sticks to run at all with my Venice even at 2T. Was able to get 4 sticks of TCCD to run on my San Diego at 2T but could only overclock to 215fsb. So far my experience with trying to run 4 sticks hasn't been good.

clocker2 said:
As will a Winchester.

clocker,

I do believe this is the first time I've seen you post in the Memory section (although I see you can't totally leave the Cooling section... :) ).

You haven't been secretely hanging out over here, have you?

I also see you've replaced the NF7 and gone A64. Happy with the move?

Although I haven't tested it, I was also under the impression that with the Winchester, the use of 4 modules would cause the system to revert to DDR333 memory speed. The Venice will run at DDR400, but with 2T. Is my understanding wrong here?

Reefa_Madness said:
The Venice will run at DDR400, but with 2T. Is my understanding wrong here?

You're right..... It's supposed to work but hardly anyone has been able to make it happen. Try searching to see how many people have gotten a Venice to work with 4 double sided sticks. You might find 1 or 2.

HousERaT said:
You're right..... It's supposed to work but hardly anyone has been able to make it happen. Try searching to see how many people have gotten a Venice to work with 4 double sided sticks. You might find 1 or 2.

I was about to say I wonder if it matters if the sticks are single-sided or not. But I remember on one of these forums, someone saying that they got 4 sticks of OCZ EL Plat Rev 2 to work.

I seem to remember that in the Venice review by either Anandtech or PCPerspective, it was tested with 4 modules and worked, but only at 2T.

That was what I based my comment on. I was not aware that it was still an issue.

Back