• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KINGSTON Poor Service

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diehrd

Senior SMP Gawd
I just had to RMA a HyperX PC3500 Dual channel kit to them.Come to find out there lifetime warranty has a catch in it.

I am told any modules that have been discontinued are not replaced but fixed.Now here is what sucks.HyperX is still made just not the ones with my sereal number.

Personally thats a bunch of crap.I have never ever had memory repaired from any maker and have sent old modules back that are dead and always goten the replacement no matter if they had beeen discontinued or not.Crucial replaced 2 x 512 Ecc 2100 that had been discontinued with there upgraded version no questions asked.

Last beef is if that sereal # and type chip is discontinued WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO TO FIX IT ? Attach some other ram chip ?

Honestly with a Policy like this I suggest we all stay away from kingston unless it is for cheap ram that apparently is there mainstay and something obviously they will have on hand to replace...Mighty mad at KINGSTON.. :bang head

-------------------------------------------

Man that rots, repairing ram, I would think it would also be cheaper for them to just toss these and send you updated replacements, maybe they have a $5.00 pr/hr guy chained in a room repairing them to keep the costs down, I have always had great luck with any Kingston but then again I have never had to Rma any either.

-Milkman

Bump so others are aware of the Kingston Policy

Wow...that bites. I've always been loyal to Kingston though, and they've been nothing but good for me. When I had to RMA my pair of PC3500 ram, they 2nd day aired it to me, then sent me a call number for me to mail my ram back to them, for free. They had excellent service and were very fast. Sad to hear that they are no longer that way. I'm sure if you called them up and asked to speak to a superviser that you could get the upgraded ram as a replacement.

i feel you bro
you see my thread on how kingston replaced my dual channel 2x512mb sticks with a single gig of single channel and didnt even tell me AND LIED TO ME. even though dual chann isnt much difference, i paid for 2 sticks of dual channel and i expect to get the same thing rma'd lol

Kingston sell's lifetime warranty ram..I understand there right to repair it BUT not after ya tell the consumer it is discontinued no longer made PC3500 HyperX..If thats the case what ya going to do PUT A VALUE chip on it ? :bang head

Seams to me performance items should never ever be repaired,Yet Kingston ultimately controlls how they are going to handle a warranty and I am a consumer and long time member here and find it necessary to let others know . . . . Kingston i hope you read this and people here use this information as a basis for there next purchess from you Exspecially with your performance Ram...

I certainly don't like the sound of repair and I don't like the little fine print catches to a warranty. However, maybe you can see what they send you and how well it works. I may still work out. I have had companies tell me they were going to repair an item and then they would just replace it anyway. I hope it works out. If not it's not good for any of us HyperX owners.

thats sux big time but it will most likly work out for you. i have ran hyperX in all my rigs. i have only had to deal with them one time about som value ram that i was trying to use on my old system. for som reason my md didnt like the ram and wouldent boot just throw memmory errors. I called kingston up and they sent me a pair of pc 3200 hyperX and have had np so far they didnt even want the old ram back.

Sorry to hear that. I just had a PC2700 HyperX module go bad, and Kingston advance shipped me a replacement and gave me an RMA to return the other one. It seems like they'd just replace it with an upgraded version, no matter what serial is on there, especially if it's the SAME memory.

I was going to bump this today so others can peek at what i have been told by kingston..Maybe this is a new policy ? Maybe like I said before there CHEAP ram is always on hand and these had good chips on them making it more costly to just replace.

But whatever there reason it sucks ..

Back