• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TCCD, TCC5 under $150?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dermen

I'm looking for 2x512mb for around $150. It will be going in a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum with a 3200+ Venice that will be overclocked on air.

The closest thing I found is OCZ Platinum Rev. 2 PC 3200, but it is $180 and I was hoping I could find something cheaper.

Also I was wondering what the difference is in OCZ Platinum and OCZ Platinum Rev. 2. The Rev 1 stuff I can find for $150, but I don't know what it is.

Thanks

Thats what I figured I would hear. I was just hoping there was some cheap tccd/tcc5 like there is cheap bh-5/utt.

Try pushing some volts into your CH-5. Another good indicator to see if you have some decent CH-5 is to so see if your ram can do 215 w/ 2.5v & 2-3-2-X timmings. If it can, you have a very good chance @ doing DDR500 @ 3.3~3.4v w/ 2-2-2-X timmings.

CH-5 and bh-5 is insane, the timings are sooo tight, i cant wait to get my nf4 so i can buy a ddr booster and use insane timings+insane voltage.

I wish mobo manufacturers would just unlock higher vdimm settings! Who cares if we want to fry our ram?! DDR Boosters won't work on shuttles, since we only have two ram slots. My vdimm only goes up to 2.9v, so I can't test my CH-5 chips to the max. I know it'll run 215 at 2.5 or 2.6v with tight timings, because I ran it on my old nForce2 board just fine.

Yeah, i could get my bh-5 too do 230 easy 2-2-2-5, with 2.8 with no memory errors, but it crashed because of the lack of voltage i was able to put out :(

hi i dont want to post a new thread... allthough well :)

my dilemma is
corsair pc 3200 2 3 3 6 (2.6v) or - 133 euros
hynix pc 3200 BH5 (thats what they say they are) 150 euros?

thanks

Doesn't Hynix have their own chips? Like D43 and such? Doesn't make much sense for Hynix to be using Winbond chips...that's like...Intel making a processor with an AMD core.

i`m sorry .. i misspelled... i didnt sleep this night

it was TwinMos Twister BH5?

so does twinmos come or came with bh5? i never heared about it

SybrCLocK said:
i`m sorry .. i misspelled... i didnt sleep this night

it was TwinMos Twister BH5?

so does twinmos come or came with bh5? i never heared about it

Suma said:
TwinMOS:
- TwinMOS Pc2700
AH-6, BH-6 or TwinMOS rebadged chips.

- TwinMOS Pc3200
CH-5, BH-5 or TwinMOS rebadged chips.

- TwinMOS Twister PC3200
Most use Hynix D4 chips

- TwinMOS Twister PC4000
Samsung TCCC, Hynix D43

Suma.

From one of the stickies in this forum...there's info on just about all the more common types of ram up there.

Back