• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin Redline Xp 4000?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elchulo

Registered
this memory is ddr500 and I am running it on asus p4c800e-dx with third party bios that lets me choose ddr500 and ddr533 as well.I can get the pc to boot into windows if i choose ddr500 or ddr533 but for some reason my overclocking wont go as high as before. If i run ddr400 I can oc my processor up to 3.5ghz but on ddr 500 i can oc to is about 3.1ghz? anyone has any suggestions on what might be holding me back? memory is running voltage at 3.5v I dont wanna risk it by going any higher

UTT on a P4? Pretty bold. Sounds like you're not getting your memory stable if the cpu can run higher with low fsb and higher multi. You might have to take some time getting the timings right and do some serious testing using memtest and superpi 32mb.

HousERaT I cant change my asus multiplier i wish i could change it but bios dont let me change that

Elchulo said:
this memory is ddr500 and I am running it on asus p4c800e-dx with third party bios that lets me choose ddr500 and ddr533 as well.I can get the pc to boot into windows if i choose ddr500 or ddr533 but for some reason my overclocking wont go as high as before. If i run ddr400 I can oc my processor up to 3.5ghz but on ddr 500 i can oc to is about 3.1ghz? anyone has any suggestions on what might be holding me back? memory is running voltage at 3.5v I dont wanna risk it by going any higher

Looks like what is happening is when you set the memory to DDR500, it is running at a higher divider to begin with. So, when you raise your FSB to overclock your processor higher, you are running the ram much faster than before you changed the divider. When you hit 3.1ghz, check CPU-Z to see what your ram is running at. I think better performance will be had if you just leave the divider at 200 (1:1).

-Collin-

Elchulo said:

Unless you did the volt mod you are not providing it with enough voltage.

Back